SC IV Reverse TC lockup?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Mike,
The internal filter and external spin on filter are both brand new. Not saying the internal isnt cracked. If i pull the pan i want to change it anyways. Also, would there be any other driveability issues with a stuck lube regulator? My original thought was PSM... i want a little more direction before i start throwing parts at it. After all, its not a customer pay job haha...

I thought you were doing all the work as your side job, CreditCard Performance Incorporated! :D

or was it NoBudget Racing?

Chevytech122

I need NOS
Jun 2, 2009
Potsdam, NY
Low Budget Racing... Mainly no budget but i want this fixed. im going to check tomorrow price on a PSM. I forgot today we have been really busy lately.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think the only thing on the PSM that could cause this is temp sensor. I would scan it and see what temp the TCM is seeing.

BIG DIPPER

Nov 6, 2006
Would not cause TCC in reverse. If in fact it is happening.

What troubleshooting has suggested this?
Bumping while holding the brake as if the wheels are trying to turn just don't have the power....clutch applying, but not enough bite to hold.

Take the electronics out. Default reverse locks the TCC valve up and can not apply......unplug the connector.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Bumping while holding the brake as if the wheels are trying to turn just don't have the power....clutch applying, but not enough bite to hold.

Take the electronics out. Default reverse locks the TCC valve up and can not apply......unplug the connector.

The above statements say the TCC is applying in reverse. I haven't seen this happen yet but am assuming it is real according to Ben. If so, C3 piston cannot cause this. If Tcc is not actualy applying then we have another problem.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

george I havent seen the truck in person unfortuantely, otherwise id better be able to describe the problem...I just put the trans together (or rather, rebuilt it after it lunched the T6 thrust bearing, yes I put it in the right way the first time :D ) and then had to come back home so I cant really say for sure what the reverse goofy thing is...but from talking to john on the phone its not really pulsing, its actually [trying to] push through the brakes in reverse...let off the brake pedal and let it "idle/coast" backwards its fine..but try to hold it back and it gets grumpy.

I first suggested to john unplug either the TCM or main connector at the trans, I dont know if hes tried that yet?

ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
sucks that Im 6 hours away from the truck! :( I feel like its one of those things that Id at least be able to somewhat better diagnose if I could see/hear/feel it in person...

BIG DIPPER

Nov 6, 2006
I'm not trying to steal anyones thunder here Mike, but I read it as when he applies the brakes he can feel the trans moving, but when he lets off the brakes the truck moves. I read it different now the way Ben just described it. So relax old man.....besides that what my troubleshooting comment was about. A tech 2 would tell you.

Ben if you unplug the harness, it will change command, not free up a hung valve. If the valve were hung, it would still be in Drive as well. I don't think that is the problem personally.

BIG DIPPER

Nov 6, 2006
I just re-read his first post.....

I still get that he shifts to reverse and the truck acts goofy....I still don't get that the converter is trying to apply from his initial post. Sounds to me like he is holding the truck back and can feel the trans giving while holding the brake....then when he lets off the brake everything is fine.

Tell him to put it in reverse and step on the go pedal while holding the brake....see what happens.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I just re-read his first post.....

I still get that he shifts to reverse and the truck acts goofy....I still don't get that the converter is trying to apply from his initial post. Sounds to me like he is holding the truck back and can feel the trans giving while holding the brake....then when he lets off the brake everything is fine.

Tell him to put it in reverse and step on the go pedal while holding the brake....see what happens.

Just saw that you called...you know how bad I am at keeping my phone on me. :D :eek:

George I will talk to john first thing tomorrow and then give you a call back, right now its passed my bedtime! :joker: