Allison 5sp: sc 1053 question

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
Does anyone know the approx rpm that the 1053 will flash to? Trying to figure out how this converter compares to the converter I have now and if the stall on the 1053 would be too high

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
TheFunk ran one for a while. I am pretty sure he could stall on the line at or a little over 3,000. It was pretty loose and got warm pretty easy. He switched to something different now

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Stall speed is not the same as flash.
Flash is standing still without braking and stabing the throttle. What rpm does the truck move out?
Stall is sitting on the line with brake pushing the throttle to the limit. At what rpm does it push through the brake?

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
That is why I brought this up, current converter, sitting still and floor it it goes just over 2k. It will stall over 2500

wkinsley04

Jun 2, 2008
Morgantown, West Virginia
I can't answer that for sure as i've never actually paid that close attention. I would go test it for you,but i broke my input shaft over the weekend. I can tell you that if you are slowly rolling into the throttle and then get into it pretty hard you will have a significant amount of rpm increase like 500 rpms plus without the acceleration that should go along with it.

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking at it now. I have the 1053 that I was going to put in over the weekend.

I guess with more looking into it, i am nverous now!

the "Flash" is maybe more important than the stall for me, since I dont sled pull or, doe crazy boosted launches (lifted truck on 37s).

I was looking for better "throttle response" meaning when I hit the skinny pedal i am putting power to the ground.

I was hoping that with the big tires and stock gearing this converter would match well. Any valid opinions on this??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I know this is an old thread, but I am looking at it now. I have the 1053 that I was going to put in over the weekend.

I guess with more looking into it, i am nverous now!

the "Flash" is maybe more important than the stall for me, since I dont sled pull or, doe crazy boosted launches (lifted truck on 37s).

I was looking for better "throttle response" meaning when I hit the skinny pedal i am putting power to the ground.

I was hoping that with the big tires and stock gearing this converter would match well. Any valid opinions on this??

I would order the 1055 for your purpose.

TWINDBLACKLMM

Feb 13, 2013

Thanks Mike!

I swapped a guy even for a 1057 to try it out. (was supposed to be a 1058) but I have it, will be done by tonight.. will see how it feels.

Had a 1056 in, which was fine until I went with bigger tires and way more aggressive tuning.