Sas

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Yeah i was only mentioning which of the two he would like better over what he gave us options too. Now that "bulletproof" was metioned, i retract all prior statements

:thumb:

He wants it bulletproof and plowing. Probably should run the 79ish d60 and run leafs to keep it simple. Have to worry about less components having wear and tear on them.

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Yeah have definatly decided on the 78 ford Dana 60 just have to figure out how to mount my plow brackets

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Yeah have definatly decided on the 78 ford Dana 60 just have to figure out how to mount my plow brackets

Not sure where the mounts are located on the plow. Can try to fab or have a bracket(s) fabbed. That will mount to the front hangers. Or the hanger support beam (steel 2x4) also which is frame support/ strengthening. Not sure what kit you going to run. But I'm sure you can modify it to fit your needs. If not make your own or have someone fab a custom setup for you.

leehype

Drunk with a Jeep problem
Aug 16, 2012
Another recomendation for the 79 Ford 60. I have one that I am transplanting myself. Parts are nicely prices, and the kingpins are rebuildable for nice prices. The downside to them is they are expensive when found, and 90% of the one's I went to look at were D44's.

index.php

Here is mine, you саn see they have a spring perch cast into the diff housing. I don't know what your measurements are, but that might prove useful to you as well.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
I'm running a 78 Dana 60. Beat it death at the dragstrip with no issues, and running stock parts besides a locker and Yukon gears because I kept the 3.73s in the rear.

leehype

Drunk with a Jeep problem
Aug 16, 2012
06dmax said:
32.5 is the spring with I'm tryin to go with

Sorry, I meant pearch width. You may have ment that, and it I'm misunderstanding I am sorry. I am at work now, but if you want I can take a measurement on the stock perches tomorrow.

I'm running a 78 Dana 60. Beat it death at the dragstrip with no issues, and running stock parts besides a locker and Yukon gears because I kept the 3.73s in the rear.

Mine is a little more upgraded, but from my research, that is accurite. That D60 is too overbuilt for the purpose it was installed in the Fords (not a complaint or issue.) I upgraded mine with an ARB, 5.13 gears, Yucon super shafts and joints, PCS full hydro steering system, and a few other goodies. Expensive, but I shouldn't break any parts on the 43's the axle will be spinning. As a side note, the parts that came out have been abused for a year by a guy who is trying to break them with no luck. 4 wheel burnouts on pavement ext. An all around great axle.