Salutations from OR (the wet side)

wirewrangler

Jul 18, 2018
Dallas, Oregon
Hi everybody,

I'm the first owner of the truck in the signature and it sure has been a good one. One of the only big purchases in life where I didn't have buyers remorse. I'm getting ready to embark on some repairs and possibly some budgetish upgrades. The injectors are bad again... The first time they bit the soot, I paid the fleet mechanic at work to replace them and I have since moved 1000 miles north so it looks like I'm doing it this time. I'd like to get that done, remove the CAT, remove the egr cooler and weld the up pipe. I'm looking for reliability and efficiency mostly and if I can capture some gains here and there, that'd be good too.

I'm thinking logging some data before I do anything might be in order. I currently do not have any type of scan tool, programmer, etc. How best would a guy log data? Are the laptop based tools a good way to go?

Thanks in advance for any support sent my way.

Wes

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
EfiLive and nothing else. You can do with a laptop or black box logging with just the V2

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
Brent from Lincoln diesel. Can't beet there prices for injectors. Also great customer service

And there genuine Bosch. I take it yours was a cali lb7? Maybe a head swap while your in there? I've heard those cali heads don't flow really good. Not sure if it would be worth it.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think there was another thread recently that tuched on that. Was only like 30 cfm difference. Not really worth head swap for that little unless you where trying to make some serious HP

Apr 15, 2015
dallas
That doesn't sound like it's worth the effort unless you had to do head gaskets then. I thought I read somewhere on here they where more restrictive than that.