LB7: SAC-style Injector Life

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That main rate at 15.6 seems high. But the tune can skew those numbers. Still seems high in comparison to the "park" main rate
The way I scaled the injectors makes the fueling seem exaggerated at low loads, but makes the truck very docile, which is crucial when driving on the snow/ice here in Idaho winters.

It was 15.4 last time, so not that different. When the injectors were first installed it was 12.3, then snuck up to 13 over the years, with a jump to 15.x the last few years. I might have changed torque converters around that time, now that I think about it.

The important bit from my perspective is it isn't drastically changing (except the one jump mentioned above). And so far, all of my injectors have failed by going to very low main rates (e.g. dribbling constantly), which is clearly not happening here.

Though it has gone up more in park than in drive, which is something I will keep an eye on. I suppose that is the point of this thread, to see how these wear and what eventually goes wrong, so keep the thoughts coming!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The way I scaled the injectors makes the fueling seem exaggerated at low loads, but makes the truck very docile, which is crucial when driving on the snow/ice here in Idaho winters.

It was 15.4 last time, so not that different. When the injectors were first installed it was 12.3, then snuck up to 13 over the years, with a jump to 15.x the last few years. I might have changed torque converters around that time, now that I think about it.

The important bit from my perspective is it isn't drastically changing (except the one jump mentioned above). And so far, all of my injectors have failed by going to very low main rates (e.g. dribbling constantly), which is clearly not happening here.

Though it has gone up more in park than in drive, which is something I will keep an eye on. I suppose that is the point of this thread, to see how these wear and what eventually goes wrong, so keep the thoughts coming!
Converter type can make a difference too. Good point