S475 upgrade to s480 question

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
hahaha that shit backfired on you BIG TIME! sad part was i truely though it was a tow tune and it honestly tows really well on it! ask brian about us passing the big ass motor home outside of holbrook. less HP would not have been benificial a that time lol

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
hahaha that shit backfired on you BIG TIME! sad part was i truely though it was a tow tune and it honestly tows really well on it! ask brian about us passing the big ass motor home outside of holbrook. less HP would not have been benificial a that time lol

yeah im aware of the towing capability lol

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Measure the OD of the 75 wheel and the ID counterbore that it fits into. You can do this on either a lathe or a mill that has a rotary table. Use the same amount of clearance (or more). Make sure you get 100% cleanup on the backplane. No step in it. If you cut too deep in the backplane, or make the counterbore too big of ID, it really doesn't hurt. But if you leave inadequate clearance (aluminum expands way more than steel), you can fk up the wheel when it gets to full RPM and temp.

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
Yes.

did you just have them turn it out to the same gap that is between the old wheel and groove?

yes, cover will have to be machined. i bought the wheel and cover from newly and the cover is already machined and ready to go. boy is there a big difference from a 75 to a 80 lol

im almost kinda wanting to buy a backing plate so i can sell the 75 as a complete setup for someone that wants something they can drop right in.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I was wrinkling the pavement with the loaded down 30' enclosed lolol

lol i was just thinkin about that at lunch. i still think your text from way back when was awesome.
you "uh, you towed on that tune?"
me " yeah you said it was a tow tune"
you "resend me that tune"
you "holy hell, that is NOT a tow tune!"
me "lmao, you said it was!"
you "i was kidding! we need to drop that pulse"
me "heck no! i like it way too much"

and since its been killing camaros, mustangs, hondas, and trucks of all sorts. and the occasional 350z, ford/cummins, and that "i gotta get infront of this guy hauling a trailer" vehicle.

Measure the OD of the 75 wheel and the ID counterbore that it fits into. You can do this on either a lathe or a mill that has a rotary table. Use the same amount of clearance (or more). Make sure you get 100% cleanup on the backplane. No step in it. If you cut too deep in the backplane, or make the counterbore too big of ID, it really doesn't hurt. But if you leave inadequate clearance (aluminum expands way more than steel), you can fk up the wheel when it gets to full RPM and temp.

thank you Pat. i have a good buddy with a lathe, i just dont know how id attach it as we usually use it for tubing or little things.

awesome, thank you!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Talked to a few guys on my local forum here and they pointed me towards AGP turbos here in AZ. owner will be able to shave it right down as i wait which will be perfect for me so i dont have to deal with down time.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I want in on some of this :dancenana:

its hardly a tow tune ya jackass. I just built it hot because all you wanted was a "tow tune" to break the engine in on.

So I was like

tumblr_m39fjcNtXv1r0a7zw.gif

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :2birds: :spank:
I think i see a big single vs twins in the making here

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I know this upgrade has been a pain in the dick for you. What about getting the 475 a billet wheel, port and polish the comp and turbine housings?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Still wont flow what the 80 wheel will. its really not that bad. ive ran into worse issues like a fricken lb7 down pipe lol. plus at 300 bucks including the cost of getting the back plate machined, id be hard pressed to not do it lol

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Still wont flow what the 80 wheel will. its really not that bad. ive ran into worse issues like a fricken lb7 down pipe lol. plus at 300 bucks including the cost of getting the back plate machined, id be hard pressed to not do it lol

Sweet!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
You keep complaining about that lb7 down pipe lol ive never had a problem with them you just have to get creative.Had a cali model in here awhile back giving my partner and the owner trouble ......I had it out in 10 mins:spit: