s475 turbo install.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I have my install kit and it will be going on Thursday. The kit is from fleece performance, only bad thing in the kit so far is they sent me a 3inch v band down pipe and the outlet on the turbo is 4 inch so I will have to come up with something for that. I will post a pic and vids when its done.

Attachments

• install kit.jpg
    install kit.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 235

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
specs are bulls eye s475 batmo wheel, 75 mm bep race cover v band, 1.00 ar t-4, 87 mm turbine. The pedistal and spacer are 6 3/4 inch's.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
That turbos not gunna as fast as you would like IMHO. I would have gone with a .90 AR.

I have Ricks standard height pedestal and I think it is 7"?? and my turbine housing is literally 1/2" from the cowling. Should went with a 6.5" piece.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Is it me or does that pedistal look like a T3 in that pic. Also that is a S300 down pipe that you have from the T3 HTT II phat shaft installs

DSC_0295.jpg

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
The whole kit came from fleece........ why would they use a htt install dp and the ped is a t4 already checked that

If you read what I said looks like from smell crappy pic. It looks like a cast pedistal in that pic so just like bd or HTT uses same as the down pipe since he already said the down pipe is the wrong size v band size it's the same pipe I added in my pic. Same pipe used in bd install kit so used from s300 frame turbo T3. Some times parts do get mixed up in kits around shops.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Every thing is fine and will work. If she is a pig will just change the ar. I also have faith in rob we talked about it.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I think i just piss you off by posting :rolleyes:

If your trying to be a smart ass your not good at it. He had said the down pipe had a 3" v band not a 4" it's the same down pipe I sell in my kits and the same I posted a pic of. You can not see everylittle up close part with that pic so the pedistal looks cast and you would not notice the small change from T3 to T4. But since you checked this were all 100% good. But he should not have to make the down pipe work a simple call and they would replace it.

I sell Fleece parts so I have no reason to cut down on there kit. I'm trying to save him down time during install later waiting on parts if something else is wrong. But I guess you feel I would be pissed at you for posting. Guess you some people feel like that when they work behind back doors. If I had a issue you would be the first to know it:rolleyes:

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I have a spare down pipe clamp if you need one.

Thank you Brian I have everything, all we have to do is cut there vband off and weld another one on won't take much more then 20 mins. The down pipe is a 4 inch vband made for a hx40 style housing with it being a race cover it was to small, not a big deal at all. I just hope I can light it. I'm sure I'll be doing second gear starts for sled pulling.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I have my install kit and it will be going on Thursday. The kit is from fleece performance, only bad thing in the kit so far is they sent me a 3inch v band down pipe and the outlet on the turbo is 4 inch so I will have to come up with something for that. I will post a pic and vids when its done.

Thank you Brian I have everything, all we have to do is cut there vband off and weld another one on won't take much more then 20 mins. The down pipe is a 4 inch vband made for a hx40 style housing with it being a race cover it was to small, not a big deal at all. I just hope I can light it. I'm sure I'll be doing second gear starts for sled pulling.

That down pipe is the same one we use under a 4" v band 3 1/2" pipe. For the S400 like you have and like Brian just did he used one of ATS down pipes 4". Race cover and exhaust housing being two different parts of the turbo post lost me with race cover being 5.5" and nothing to do with the 4" V band exhaust housing that's the same with a race cover or standard 5" cover.

Last edited:

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Sorry meant the exhaust housing is bigger then the hx40 and to have machined down to fit the down pipe as it is would be stupid to do to the turbo. This is not your regular 475 it is a 2.6 rule built 475 from bulls eye. Dmax497 I will not be able to make it friday. I got to get the truck done and get some miles on it before the dyno.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
That down pipe is the same one we use under a 4" v band 3 1/2" pipe. For the S400 like you have and like Brian just did he used one of ATS down pipes 4". Race cover and exhaust housing being two different parts of the turbo post lost me with race cover being 5.5" and nothing to do with the 4" V band exhaust housing that's the same with a race cover or standard 5" cover.

Yes its the normal old everyday HX40 Duramax downpipe, same as you would use. Why re-invent the wheel? HX40 is not a 3" V-band by the way, its 3.8"... The HX40 pipe is easier to install with a motor in the truck, and fits better than the one piece ATS. Plus its a Fleece Kit, intended for use on a Fleece charger, which would have been cut for HX40 to begin with.

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator: