S472/s488

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
LOL. You'll try to tow with it and you'll hate it. Trust me, been down this road already. The only twin setup that is any good for towing is vvt/475-80. 66/80 is okay but not at all optimal. I would love to see someone do a 364/472 compound kit.

I could have easily towed with my 66/480 setup and the 1057 converter

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Right but your asking for towing with a great load on some rather large turbos. You have to compromise. You want 1000hp with big turbos and to tow. So what's easier having good towing ability and if you don't hit the 1000hp add some nitrous, or hit the 1000hp but fight towing every time. To me I think you'll be towing more then getting on the dyno showing off big numbers. It sounds like your truck is a daily driver toy that you haul some stuff in the summer. You want to beat the mustangs and camaros when you can and put down a huge number on the dyno. All while pulling your stuff on the same setup. If your dead set on twins your going to have to compromise a little. If money isn't that much of a concern then triples and be done. No compromise. Sorry to ramble on but all these threads are uncalled for. Tell us your goals and what your leaning towards and the vast knowledge these guys have can get you on the right direction the first time. Save you the hassle of going back and forth between turbos. I did the same thing when deciding s366 then realised I wanted more as I bought more parts and went with a s472.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
In another thread you said your double batmo 366 is good for 800 on fuel. Slap a gate and a 483 over it and make 1000hp. No sense in going way bigger then needed on turbos if you plan on pulling with it

It comes down to not wanting to over push the s300

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
He just wants the best setup. When you call the top compound companies they give you multiple options and it's confusing. That's prob where his questions are coming from. We all where in his shoes at one time.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
He just wants the best setup. When you call the top compound companies they give you multiple options and it's confusing. That's prob where his questions are coming from. We all where in his shoes at one time.

The problem is getting the answers you are looking for then asking the same questions again and again waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear. We all want "The best setup" but first you have to realistic with what your going to do with the truck and if its in your budget to do so. A 1000+ HP truck isn't going to hold together long. He already has a 366 that would go great with a s480 or s483 and pretty much meet all of his goals.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Its at the machine shop waiting on pistons boss

awesome! didn't see that anywhere. Did the stock motor let go?

I agree with some of the comments on here about keeping your 66 and putting an 80 or 83 over it. That would definitely be the simplest combo with what you already have.

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
awesome! didn't see that anywhere. Did the stock motor let go?

I agree with some of the comments on here about keeping your 66 and putting an 80 or 83 over it. That would definitely be the simplest combo with what you already have.

Nah running great and I don't advertise that stuff lol but just going ahead and building

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I loved my T-4 366/s483 set up. It was quiet and spooled fast. Traction was always the problem when you get them spooled. Ya really don't "need" anything bigger for the street. Lmao

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
I loved my T-4 366/s483 set up. It was quiet and spooled fast. Traction was always the problem when you get them spooled. Ya really don't "need" anything bigger for the street. Lmao

Very true! Nothing better than doing 60-65 down the road and kicking the truck down and hazing the tires going by someone else, lol! Or even better, cruise set at 80 mph on I90 and a VW Passat trying to pass you in the slow lane between 2 semis and dropping the hammer and running them up to over 100 mph pulling a enclosed snowmobile trailer with 5 sleds and gear and 5 people in the cab! I miss my built engine twin turbo daily driver!!!

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
Well my 366 might be ****ed pulls intake off today to get a picture and no good ill send someone the picture to post on here if they can

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Turbo 366

picture.php
Well my 366 might be ****ed pulls intake off today to get a picture and no good ill send someone the picture to post on here if they can