LB7: S366 over factory injectors

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
I have a 2003 were putting an s366 kit from whirli fab and i was wondering whose run it on a stock truck and how does the truck like it. Any tips. Injectors are stock as of now but exergy are on the agenda

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
My brother ran a billet S366 on a stock truck, then when the injectors went out ran it with 60% overs (my old set, he got a deal). Or did we do the injectors then the turbo? Eh, either way, it can be made to run just fine with stock sticks, and with larger sticks.

In my opinion, there is no need for bigger injectors with a stock CP3, as you can fuel it plenty with the stock ones.

If you upgrade the CP3, then a larger set of injectors can help keep the internals, internal ;) But any time you upgrade the CP3, you start to risk blowing the motor if you turn it up enough.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I also ran a billet 366(t-4) from engineered diesel on my lb7 with stock fueling. Ran great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
My brother ran a billet S366 on a stock truck, then when the injectors went out ran it with 60% overs (my old set, he got a deal). Or did we do the injectors then the turbo? Eh, either way, it can be made to run just fine with stock sticks, and with larger sticks.

In my opinion, there is no need for bigger injectors with a stock CP3, as you can fuel it plenty with the stock ones.

If you upgrade the CP3, then a larger set of injectors can help keep the internals, internal ;) But any time you upgrade the CP3, you start to risk blowing the motor if you turn it up enough.

Thanks for the insight. Its exactly what i wanted to hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
I also ran a billet 366(t-4) from engineered diesel on my lb7 with stock fueling. Ran great.

Thats the sane turbo i have except its a whirli kit. Should free up the horsetorques nicely with banks manifolds up pipes and a 4" exhaust

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I have a 366 in my lly with stock injectors and sportsman pump. Love it.
Still? No way I'll get around to installing my 400 frame before you! Fass 260 has been sitting for months now haha.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
S366 with stock fuel is a great combo. Have hundreds of passes on mine with a best of 12.05@112.

Brent@LDS

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 23, 2011
Wisconsin
I have a 2003 were putting an s366 kit from whirli fab and i was wondering whose run it on a stock truck and how does the truck like it. Any tips. Injectors are stock as of now but exergy are on the agenda

When your ready to upgrade injectors, let us know as we can save you some money and have as good product as Exergy.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
When your ready to upgrade injectors, let us know as we can save you some money and have as good product as Exergy.

Okay i have a set in my truck now that flows 32 lpm at idle can you tell me what they are or what there worth. Cant afford to remove them and send off so all i have is snapon data

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Oversized injectors can't be measured through the computer. The only way to know how big they are is to either have the data from when they were purchased, or take them out and have them flowed. The truck won't report accurate values for oversized injectors.

Sent from my FlashScan V2

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Ok had the reciepts in the owners manual the whole time (i feel retarded). There 60% over injectors about a year and a half old and i also have a set of good stock ones for a core.