runnnin 50 hp inj's with PPe tune

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
I need some advice here guys. I am gettin all kinds of mixed input. I have a set of 50hp injectors ordered from alligaterperformance, They are by Industrial Injection and I have a new programmer comin to repalce my bullydog. Its a PPe xcellerator. Now I am being told I will have to run the truck on a lower than normal setting because of the slightly bigger injectors and that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole thing. My question is will the 2 be fine together or am I goin to overfueling the cylinders. The injector people say these injectors are fine on a stock cp3 and love hp upgrades like the PPe. What the hell is goin on? Should I send the injectors back and get stock ones? Im so dang confused i just want the most power possible from a stock cp3. Thank you so much guys in advance for your help in this!!!!!

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
you can max out a stock cp3 with factory injectors and a heavy tune.

also nothing against alligator but in my opinion industrial injection injectors are far from good. they have a lot of variations between each injector.

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
inj

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i understand that but will the 50hp inj be ok or should I retuen them for the stock ones, and what inj do you recommend if not Ind Inj?

Jared Duramax

<---- $$$ Whore!!
Feb 13, 2008
Matthews NC
X2 on the trans. i wouldnt even bother going into the motor untill the trans is built.
injectors on an lb7 isnt what one would call a quick or simple job.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
X2 on the trans. i wouldnt even bother going into the motor untill the trans is built.
injectors on an lb7 isnt what one would call a quick or simple job.

im assuming that since hes an lb7 maybe this was all brought on by factory injector failure....

course that could be totally wrong..

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I would say go ahead and run them... Many people will say you don't need them untill your at very high power levels which is true... But the bigger holes will allow your truck to acheive power without alot of timing and pulse. Basically the engine will not have to work as hard to pull the fuel you are demanding. Your engine will thank you, your trans will hate you

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
I would say go ahead and run them... Many people will say you don't need them untill your at very high power levels which is true... But the bigger holes will allow your truck to acheive power without alot of timing and pulse. Basically the engine will not have to work as hard to pull the fuel you are demanding. Your engine will thank you, your trans will hate you

true...but only if he runs efi...ppe is going to=mucho fuel

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
I think you can send your hot tuner in and get it recalibrated for bored out injecters.

didnt know that....learn something new everyday lol.

but in all honestly or at least my opinion...they aren't nessary..specially on a stock trans...if he plans a build in the future then by all means throw em in...might as well get efi while your at it... but if your not a speed freak and just needed new injectors and thought these would be good then send em back and get stockers...it will save you money you can put towards more important things..

JMHO

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i understand that but will the 50hp inj be ok or should I retuen them for the stock ones, and what inj do you recommend if not Ind Inj?

I would return them but that is just me...

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
im assuming that since hes an lb7 maybe this was all brought on by factory injector failure....

course that could be totally wrong..

And yes my factory inj are bad so i have to inj either way and I damn sure cant afford a tranny upgrade rt now

blowinsmoke

obsessed not addicted
Nov 24, 2009
didnt know that....learn something new everyday lol.

but in all honestly or at least my opinion...they aren't nessary..specially on a stock trans...if he plans a build in the future then by all means throw em in...might as well get efi while your at it... but if your not a speed freak and just needed new injectors and thought these would be good then send em back and get stockers...it will save you money you can put towards more important things..

JMHO

ok that is a very good point but I think everyone is missing my question. I am planning tranny upgrade after first of year like feb or march but, i dont want to kill my motor until then so..... Are these injectors gonna make good power as I sit now and are they gonna overfuel real bad.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
ok that is a very good point but I think everyone is missing my question. I am planning tranny upgrade after first of year like feb or march but, i dont want to kill my motor until then so..... Are these injectors gonna make good power as I sit now and are they gonna overfuel real bad.

II injectors are poorly matched and IMHO you should run different ones. DonM makes good stuff as does Guy (SoCal Diesel) mismatched injectors DO cause engine failures.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
There is nothing wrong with the injectors you have. Pull your ppe back to the 160hp level and give it a try.