Help: Rig with dog inside stolen! BOLO

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Trucks plate was run outside of Atlanta. He has not been able to speak with the officer yet to see why the truck was not pulled over. Personally, I think the dog is gone and the truck is as well now too. I do give he guy credit for trying to be responsible for his dog but now he is being very irresponsible as an adult spending the amount of money he has now to try and retrieve her. Once she was gone for 48 hrs the chances were slim for a happy ending. It's is a sad story, but apparently it happens quite often...

I don't think it's up to you to judge what is responsable or not concerning his dog.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
That's why I said PERSONALLY I THINK...

That's my opinion and I am entitled to it as you are to yours...

I understand it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. My opinion is if I were in his shoes I'd do everything I could afford to do to try and get my dog back.

Why do you feel he is to spendy ? I've not read all of the thirty some on pages at pirate but nothing seems out of line.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I would be looking locally for the dog, I bet once they realized there was a dog in the vehicle they didn't wast time dumping her out. She's probably wandering around an interstate somewhere?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I understand it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. My opinion is if I were in his shoes I'd do everything I could afford to do to try and get my dog back.

Why do you feel he is to spendy ? I've not read all of the thirty some on pages at pirate but nothing seems out of line.

He has mailed about 2,000 fliers, turned his weekly mailer for his business into another flier then he put ads on 12 electronic billboards all over NC and SC. Seems a bit excessive to me since it happened over 2 weeks ago. Like I said earlier, it's very sad and I admire his drive to find Lexy...

Its just I would not sacrifice my business and livelihood for my dog. I have unfortunately had to make that decision before and it sucked, but I feel I made the right one...

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I would be looking locally for the dog, I bet once they realized there was a dog in the vehicle they didn't wast time dumping her out. She's probably wandering around an interstate somewhere?
Exactly my thoughts also.i don't care how bad the their is he won't harm the dog unless he got bit.And important sure they cut the dog loose somewhere.

And im with Mack id keep searching for my dog for sure,i love my truck but i can build another 1 or them.But mans best friend is family in my book.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
He has mailed about 2,000 fliers, turned his weekly mailer for his business into another flier then he put ads on 12 electronic billboards all over NC and SC. Seems a bit excessive to me since it happened over 2 weeks ago. Like I said earlier, it's very sad and I admire his drive to find Lexy...

Its just I would not sacrifice my business and livelihood for my dog. I have unfortunately had to make that decision before and it sucked, but I feel I made the right one...

It's only been two weeks and he's clearly heart broken. If he's doing it with his own money no donations but then again what does that matter as if it's donated it can be used anyway he feels is best, it's his money!

I look at it when you have a sick animal your willing to spend as much possible to make them healthy again. I have spent over $10000 dollars on one dog in my pictures on the Place when she got sick when she was 7 years old. It was a slim chance she would survive but she did! When she grew older yes I spent money to keep her alive because I could not let go but I had to make that choice and only I COULD MAKE THAT CHOICE WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! She lived to be 16 years of age!

So I beliieve at some point he might have to make that decision but right now hes in that am I doing enough can I do more stage. I'm not trying to say you aren't probably right he is or could be spending useless dollars but what if she is found because he didn't give up?
I wish him the best although as more time goes on and father he reaches out maybe somebody might not feel guilty and give up the dog as they become attached. Somebody has that dog unless it was released and got hit god for bid.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
It's only been two weeks and he's clearly heart broken. If he's doing it with his own money no donations but then again what does that matter as if it's donated it can be used anyway he feels is best, it's his money!

I look at it when you have a sick animal your willing to spend as much possible to make them healthy again. I have spent over $10000 dollars on one dog in my pictures on the Place when she got sick when she was 7 years old. It was a slim chance she would survive but she did! When she grew older yes I spent money to keep her alive because I could not let go but I had to make that choice and only I COULD MAKE THAT CHOICE WHEN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! She lived to be 16 years of age!

So I beliieve at some point he might have to make that decision but right now hes in that am I doing enough can I do more stage. I'm not trying to say you aren't probably right he is or could be spending useless dollars but what if she is found because he didn't give up?
I wish him the best although as more time goes on and father he reaches out maybe somebody might not feel guilty and give up the dog as they become attached. Somebody has that dog unless it was released and got hit god for bid.
I agree we spent 3800 on our 3 year red male husky about 9 years ago to no avale and he passed but he was only 3 and we had to do it.

Miya the dog in my avatar,we had her 1 week and she came to us with parvo and 2 other bas ass problems that i cant remember the names.She nwas 400 and the emergeny vet bill was 2200 but thats how it goes1 week with us and she was family.We had to give her the shot at life.The P O S Breeder said if she goes ill refund your 400,i wanted her to pay for the vet bills and when she refused i told her you tube would make her famous and hung up.

Some times you have to do what doesnt make sence.IMO

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I know what your saying you have to! She was diagnosed with leptospirosis and spent 7 days at the vet hospital . Place is very pricey but IMO the best in my area it's just like a human hospital! She ended up with kidney problems and that is what eventually took her but she was 16. Her liver was damaged also but it recovered. Also she was plagued with bouts of pancreatitis on and off. She had complications through out the rest of her life!

All because of these darn deer in my area. We. Assume she stepped in some urine and licked her paw and that's how she got it. She was the must expensive dog I ever owned!:D

So many said I was nuts, I didn't care she was family! So I can relate to this guy losing his pup!

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
:woott:Thank God! I have 2 boxers female and male ,they're my kids my family,i couldnt imagine heartbreak and pain u felt.I Deffinately would have done the same to get them back!Im so happy for you and lexy.:)

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
DETAILS!!!! Very glad she is back all ok i asume?Did you recover the truck also? did the crooks get caught???We love it when crooks get caught :D

Give Lexy a huge for each 1 of us:hug:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
SEE NEVER GIVE UP! Glad for him big time! To me time and money well spent I bet he's so happy he did what he did! He'll never let that dog out of his sight again!

Last edited:

BenFoo

Dually
Nov 27, 2011
Philadelphia
I was waiting to post. View attachment 714824View attachment 714825View attachment 714826

Cruiser is recovered. Sheriffs department is all over this trailer. Waiting on a search warrant. We think Lexy is inside.

Wish me luck.

Been here for an hour. Can't get inside yet. Forensics is on the way. Stolen shit all over the place.

Still don't have Lexy.

Ok we got a tip on the gun that was in the truck last night. I went hiking behind the house in question and the cruiser was hidden in a ravine. I was there christmas eve also looking around and I don't think it was there then. All the meth heads there have been arrested for receiving stolen goods. There were 2 stolen dirt bikes and a Craftsman riding lawn mower. There was also a Motorola radio and drivers license from a burglary last week.

I confronted the dickheads about the dog and they denied any knowledge of where the dog is/was

3 people went to jail. Not even for the fj60 yet....

I believe dss is taken the toddler. Lexy was not In the house. 6 of us searched the woods. She did not get buried there.

The 60 has a nice dent, broken back window. They could not figure out how to shift it with out linkage. The Ash tray is missing, tools,gun all gone. Tuffy consul is beat, but fixable.

Have a lead on Lexy. Working on it now. I will post more details later. I have to try and get her back. She had been at that house a week ago. Not now.

Building and codes is going to condemn the trailer more than Likely. They have been called.

I said at the start of this, someone stole the wrong truck with a dog inside.

Same trailer we went to last Sunday and knocked on the door. The fj60 had 8miles put on the odometer since it got stolen.
The truck was in travelers rest.
It was interesting driving home, phone blew up with people calling me about my landcruiser.

Shupe found the truck. He was "squirrel hunting" in the woods. I thought he was going to hurt someone when he called me. He was PISSED.

We had looked around that trailer before. They have been stealing stuff from everyone. Ken saw his shovel and stuff that was stolen of his rollback wrecker. Thought he would take a closer look.

WE FOUND LEXY!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 714880

I will post more soon.

Theres a mostly play by play. The important thing is he found his pup!