Revmax converters?

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
I had one for about six months after I burned up my trans the day before I got married. I was broke what can I say.
I never pushed the rev max it seemed to do ok. I towed with it a few times and it held. I pulled it when I did my twins and replaced it with the 5 star I have now. It's sat on my shelf for a while then I cut it open to look at it and it wasn't pretty. It looked like crap it maybe had 7 or 8k on it I think. Also it never seen any sort of tune. Bottom line compleat and udder junk.

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
we have 2 trucks with revmax in them... they are both on thier second season with out any problems.. the one truck is a dd... i guess everyone likes what they like.. and if the info above is true and that scares people then maybe they should look in to some of the site vendors on here... there is one vendor thats had many buisnesses he did roofs for awile till he made everyone upset and then when to someting els and the same things happen so he seen the diesel band wagon was getting big so then he changed to that... so with that being said... i guess its all in what ya like....

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
we have 2 trucks with revmax in them... they are both on thier second season with out any problems.. the one truck is a dd... i guess everyone likes what they like.. and if the info above is true and that scares people then maybe they should look in to some of the site vendors on here... there is one vendor thats had many buisnesses he did roofs for awile till he made everyone upset and then when to someting els and the same things happen so he seen the diesel band wagon was getting big so then he changed to that... so with that being said... i guess its all in what ya like....

I thought he was a plummer.:roflmao:

dieselpro55

Puller
Dec 16, 2008
A good converter

last pulling truck had an revmax converter in it. After 3 years of multiple pulls with 3 chargers ranging from a 2.6 to 3.0 it held up great. Sold the truck last year. Also know multiple trucks with their converter in them...no problems. And one of the 47re trans that one of em in. The true test and held up fine. So despite what you hear. I state only the facts.:thumb:

frank and tom offer awesome customer service :thumb:

turbostang7

Apr 11, 2011
Rexburg Id.
Kinda seems like its a love hate with these guys! Personally I would get a tried and proven converter because its not like its a simple unbolt the old one and throw the new in ordeal.
But without people trying things we wouldn't have the knowledge we have now of upgrades. Gotta start somewhere

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I have a Suncoast in my truck, we put it in another truck just because it was there and it was cheap. Holding up just fine, been about 3 months no issues.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
if you want something slightly better on a stock rebuild, you can also just use a factory LML converter. IIRC they are less than 500 bucks.