Reverse leveling ideas

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
So I got my drop shackles in the mail the other day. My plan is to take the overload out for ride quality and level with the adjustable shackles. My question is this. I've read a few guys talk about needing center pins. Can anyone shoot me a link of where to get new ones and which ones to get? Also the u bolts. Some say they had to shim them an inch with washers. Seems kinda sketchy to me.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
I run drop shackles on every one of my rigs. My street truck has shackles and no overloads. You will need traction bars or Caltracs to stop the axle wrap without the overloads. Ride quaility is dramatically better though.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
So after much realization today. The truck is no longer going to be lowered. Woulda had to saw the fender off haha guess a lift kit will be on the way after the wheels are paid off

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
So after much realization today. The truck is no longer going to be lowered. Woulda had to saw the fender off haha guess a lift kit will be on the way after the wheels are paid off

Truck looks good! Lowering instead of lifting with 12 wides can be done, just takes some cutting and a BFH!

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Truck looks good! Lowering instead of lifting with 12 wides can be done, just takes some cutting and a BFH!

Well I tried. Rubbed the crap outta my fender even without flares. To be honest I love the way it sits now. I haven't decided on a tuff country 4" or superlift 6" with bilsteins yet tho.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Well I tried. Rubbed the crap outta my fender even without flares. To be honest I love the way it sits now. I haven't decided on a tuff country 4" or superlift 6" with bilsteins yet tho.

If you love it than keep it! Can't say which is better than which as I have never researched either. Sure both are great tho!

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
If you love it than keep it! Can't say which is better than which as I have never researched either. Sure both are great tho!

I've heard great things about both. Tho I've heard less than great things about superlift as well. But it's 2 more inches and bilsteins for the same price. Guess it'll come down to whatever I find at the best price and how I'm feeling in the moment. I think 33s will be as tall as I'd go. But then again I could decrank the 6" and if I ever wanna go with 35s just crank it up to level cv's and slap em on

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You'll regret getting a crappy lift just because of the price. Hold off a bit and get a cognito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
So bringing this back up. Sold the lift shackles I bought to Novak. Then after seeing his truck I'm inspired again. Got the cvs level up from and am planning on dropping the rear. I know the biggest issue with drop shackles is the terrible pinion angle that can be remedied with shims. But my question is this. Has anyone ordered just the drop hanger kit and installed with factory shackles? Now you may ask why, but my thoughts are dropping the front of the axle will improve angle without having to rely on angled shims and bolts to keep the driveline in proper alignment. Therefore you'd get a stronger setup. Just a thought. So a 2" drop hanger and remove the overload would net a 3" total drop give or take and improve pinion angle. Anyone ever thought of this? If not it its a terrible idea just tell me. My brain has been in overtime today for some reason thinking too much :roflmao: