Retiring my lmm...

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
I've recently bought a dedicated puller which i have to go pick up but the whole reason im gettin the other truck is so i can retire my LMM next to most of you guys trucks on here its like a stock truck lol but up here in the northeast its done pretty well the past 3 seasons got my ass kicked alot in the begining but got to be on the other side of the ass kickings as of late :D gonna be a little depressing having it sit in the pits and not be on the track who knows maybe i'll hit the lottery and build a motor for it and have 2 pullers...heres a few vids and pictures of it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PNMMkkDwEiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DDVlKFz9tKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oFcpRsnGE-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E87lk9XEPNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iTDPqtlx1L4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SDC10954.jpg

westport4.jpg

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Fixed it for ya.

[YOUTUBE]PNMMkkDwEiI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]DDVlKFz9tKQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]oFcpRsnGE-8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]E87lk9XEPNg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]iTDPqtlx1L4[/YOUTUBE]

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Damn I don't know how all you guys can afford to have an lmm as a dedicated pulling/race truck! They all look badass though:thumb:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Once you go down the track with a built truck the LMM will just be a fond memory.

He has no idea how true this will be I think!! :woott:

Rich, also do NOT expect to drive the new one that way... It will be a whole new ball game on the launch... patience and attention to gauges will be best friends on launching.

Whose tuning do you run now? Are you sticking with the same tuning as coming with the truck? IIRC it hasn't been optimized for the latest setup... just FYI. Still runs damn good, just probably has a little left to gain in there. :thumb:

EDIT: I see you have Tony's tuning... I'd be interested to see what he could get out of the ol girl... I know trucks have gone 4-digits with the same head and cam setup. So you're a little air and maybe fuel (though I'd think the current fueling is capable) away from that. ;)

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
good luck this year! Seems most of us end up coming to the same crossroads. Either take our only truck off the street and make a dedicated puller or back it down and buy something else to tear up.

I've reached the same decision you did, I just haven't bought the second truck yet. It just gets old constantly setting up either for the street or the track.

Post up some pics of the new puller too! It will give me some inspiration. :hug:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
The best part is not the switching the setups between street and track, it's that if/when you break it, you load it up and haul it home and fix it when you have the time and money to do so. You can still get to work on Monday.;)

Wise choice - you got a great deal on a strong running truck and now you can have your nice DD back for everyday life. Good luck.:thumb:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Garrick has/had a roadrunner on the truck at one point. Never could get it right for some reason (same exact tune in reg ECM ran like a champ, not so much via the RR). I'm sure Tony knows better how to make it walk & talk with that new-fangled Mr. Fancy Pants stuff though! :D

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Garrick has/had a roadrunner on the truck at one point. Never could get it right for some reason (same exact tune in reg ECM ran like a champ, not so much via the RR). I'm sure Tony knows better how to make it walk & talk with that new-fangled Mr. Fancy Pants stuff though! :D

I had one of the first three LB7 Road Runners that Moates made, I have two now, one used to stay in my LB7 and the other one was for tuning customer trucks.

Full Flash an OS in under 25 seconds, on the fly changes........just wish he would build on for my LBZ.

;)

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Yeah, I knew it was your "weapon of choice" for tuning LB7s. :D. Wish we coulda got it right too. It's definitely an awesome & very useful tuning tool... If it works for you.

It was a second or third hand purchase & it just never was right even when merchant had it IIRC. I can't remember the details now.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Thats awesome but Damn you Rich. Now I really have to dump some money into my puller. :D

Last edited: