Removal Of Moulding

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Ive asked this on df, but wanted to see how everyone removes the door moulding and the two sided tape, i have a 03 regular cab with 150000 km, bright red, hope its not to faded??

:confused:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
What he said plus I used googone for the little bits I missed with the eraser wheel. Then do a couple good coats of wax and hopefully they'll blend together. There probably will be a color difference but the wax will help hide it to the point where only you or a well trained eye will notice its a different color where the molding was. At least that's how it is with my truck :D

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

Trevor79

Feb 20, 2012
I did my '01 red truck after it was a year old, the glue was a pain in the @ss. My '09 was done 2 hours after I bought it new. Used a heat gun and everything came off easy, also easy clean up.

You will see how much the red faded, but just hit it with a buffer like said before. My red truck looked so much better without it.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
After you pull the molding you will need to wash behind it before you do anything. Eraser wheel and polishing compound will help with the rest.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Yep, pretty much what everyone else said. I used a heat gun and warmed up the molding then slowly pulled it off. With the remaining tape I just used the heat gun and rolled it off with my thumb. Then I clay barred and waxed. I also pulled both outside edges towards the middle, I heard that if you pull the molding off too hard you can leave a small dimple in the sheet metal where the edge of the molding is.

dieseldan723

Still learning.....
Jun 16, 2010
one of mine just fell off the other day. I need to remove the other three now. Thanks for the tips.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Be careful pulling it. A friend just pulled the molding on his 01 and some of his paint decided to leave with it. I've always "sawed" the molding off using fishing line then used an eraser wheel to get the remaining.