Remote start

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Looking to get a remote start for my 06. Since the built motor it takes forever to warm up so before I leave from work I would like to fire it up 15 mins before leaving. I'd like to hear what yall have that is working good. I'd like long as range as possible without paying $400 for one. Yeah I searched and couldn't find anything really except for 2009 and 2012 posts, I'm sure some newer better models have come out since. Thanks.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Viper smart start. As long as there's a sat signal you can start it from miles away. 500 installed no remote, 99 for the remote, but if you get the alarm system it's 580(cheaper plus get the remote free basically). You have to pay a yearly subscription, 70 per year or 140 for 3 years). I have it on two of my cars. Has a setting for 5 sec delay and 15 second delay for the glows

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have the lowest end remote start from viper. It was 150 bucks 6-7 years ago and came with a basic remote, alarm and locks/unlocks the doors like the stock fob. Works 1/4 mile away or from where ever I am in the house. I use the hell out of it in the winter time (well when I dd'ed it). I didn't need all the fancy stuff. Just wanted all the factory alarm stuff plus remote start

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Yeah I cant see paying $70 a year to start your truck from your phone. I'll go the cheap rout and but a key fob kit. I'm at the longest 1/4 mile from my truck when I need to start it.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
gamudslinger,

The current interface module is this: idatalink ads-dlsl-gm1 Just google search this for a retailer. I have a programming cable for the idatalink interface modules and just program the generic idatalink module ADS-AL CA

If I had time to support these things I would be half tempted to make a DIY kit for our trucks.