Remember back when this site was...

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
7th grade, my friends brothers friend had just bought his lly back then. got me into diesels. he wishes he would have got a zf back then. hes a cummins guy now:(.

how times change. but at least he got me into duramaxes:woott:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol I visited the site a couple times back then but mostly was on dp scowering around without a screen name. Bought my 02 from my dad in summer of 06 goin into my sophomore year of college.

Oh I remember when PPE duramaximizers we sweet, then the edge with attitude came out and my dad and I though the truck flat out flew on lvl5. Had to been around late 03, early 04?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
AHHHH, The Pre EFI days......Tripple stack of doom, or the edge/ predator ver(2.02) stack or a Van Aken box.....who even remembers those???:D

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
In 2006 I was getting ready to come back to the states after 2 yrs in Japan doing research on what to buy and how to modify it. And Dustin was asking me what to do to trucks lol.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I was 16 and doing my absolute best to convince my dad to buy his 07 lbz and not another 1/2 ton. All because I'd seen a video on MySpace I think of a duramax beating a mustang haha. Luckily he did, and I even talked him into a Diablo preditor, banks intake, and 4" cat back exhaust. All got bolted on within a week, the truck had 400 miles I think. We put the Diablo on the 120 tune and ran the piss out of it. Trans relearn who? :rofl: We thought that thing was a rocket. That was it for me, I knew I'd have my own one day

sent from a galaxy far far away

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
06 I was finishing my freshman year in college and driving my saab like it was an actual jet. Diesel wasn't even a thought in my mind. I spent some time reading here before I bought my truck and this place has been a huge resource every day since.