Reliability after leveling?

john.Duramax

Dec 22, 2014
I've searched for days but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I've ordered the cognito leveling kit with UCA's, fox shocks, pitman and idler support kit, cognito alloy tie rods, and heavy duty sway bar end link kit. I'll be keeping my stock 18" wheels and only plan on putting 275 70r 18 nitto trails on them. I do most of my driving on horrible lease roads so I bought this kit for comfort and reliability. I see Chevys and gmc's parked on the side of the road very often with a front wheel missing or with the top of the tire into the fender well. I'm new to GMC's so not sure what commonly fails and can leave me stranded. I only want to raise the front end 1" but will doing so increase my chances of having something fail? If so then I will leave at stock height. I'm sure the tires will still fit. Thanks

15' GMC Duramax

john.Duramax

Dec 22, 2014
Getting this kit put on tomorrow and my tires should be in wed. I'll raise the front end 1" and see how everything holds up.

15' GMC Duramax

LbZzF6RCLB

Feb 4, 2015
Butler Pa
One thing i have noticed about the front end parts on these trucks is they can never have enough grease. If you take care of them they will take care of you.

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
i just put the exact same kit on last week but with rare parts tie rods and new pitman and idler arms and supports. going to be running 305/55/20 tires . im hoping it holds up for quite a while as well.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I've searched for days but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I've ordered the cognito leveling kit with UCA's, fox shocks, pitman and idler support kit, cognito alloy tie rods, and heavy duty sway bar end link kit. I'll be keeping my stock 18" wheels and only plan on putting 275 70r 18 nitto trails on them. I do most of my driving on horrible lease roads so I bought this kit for comfort and reliability. I see Chevys and gmc's parked on the side of the road very often with a front wheel missing or with the top of the tire into the fender well. I'm new to GMC's so not sure what commonly fails and can leave me stranded. I only want to raise the front end 1" but will doing so increase my chances of having something fail? If so then I will leave at stock height. I'm sure the tires will still fit. Thanks

15' GMC Duramax

Only going up 1" you will not have any issues at all. The Cognito control arm combined with the correct length shock allows for 28% more travel than a factory style arm.

i just put the exact same kit on last week but with rare parts tie rods and new pitman and idler arms and supports. going to be running 305/55/20 tires . im hoping it holds up for quite a while as well.

You sir are going to have fun trimming with a 305 haha. Your ride will be much stiffer that the OP's ride once you get it cranked and trimmed unless you keep it at about 2-2.5". Only crank the torsions enough to keep you in the "Green Zone", if you go higher your ride will suffer. Then trim to fit.

john.Duramax

Dec 22, 2014
Thanks for the replies fellas. I feel better now about raising the front end. I'll post up pics later this evening when the kit is installed.

15' GMC Duramax

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
got my wheels installed and cut just a bit off the front bumper and liner. seems to be ok so far.

john.Duramax

Dec 22, 2014
got my wheels installed and cut just a bit off the front bumper and liner. seems to be ok so far.

Looks good! I left with my truck in a hurry today and noticed later that they didn't change out my sway bar links. I'm pretty pissed about it bc I'll have to take it back and won't be able to get an alignment until Thursday or Friday now.

15' GMC Duramax