Recover and Rebuild Driver Seat - LMM

gpn

Oct 18, 2016
Sunshine and Big Holes
I need to rebuild and recover the driver seat of my 2009 GMC LMM. It has the back cloth interior. The foam is shot in the seat bottom and the lumbar is very tired. There are some holes in the cloth as well. I'd really like to match the OEM fabric. The rest of the seats are in good condition. Truck was driven by only one person for 90% of it's life.

I've looked around online and I can't find much. Does anyone have any suggestions?

gpn

Oct 18, 2016
Sunshine and Big Holes
So I have the GMC model with the split bench seat. It looks like they don't sell the cushions for it, just the covers, which cost considerably more than the seat covers for the standard bucket seats. Are the seats that much different?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Leather is one thing, cloth is another. I cant say Ive ever seen an aftermarket OEM-matching cloth seat cover for sale.

gpn

Oct 18, 2016
Sunshine and Big Holes
That is the main issue I am having. I am surprised at how much the cushions costs as well. But I don't want to recover the whole damn truck. Rest of the seats are in pretty darn good shape. Could use a shampoo though...

I'm still searching for OEM cloth. It is the black color with the variations in weave to give it a cool pattern. I think it is called Black Onyx.