Recommend a lift pump

AaronB

Jan 25, 2013
Hey guys I'm looking to
Put on a good lift pump and will have an efi live w dsp in future. Recommend a pump and size.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Air Dog II 165 Easy install and and nice pump.

Also had experience with the Kennedy dual pumps, and for a mildly tuned application, those pumps are awesome. Super quiet and easy install.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I like the pump itself of the Fass unit, but I prefer the mounting hardware of the airdog.

Either pump is a good choice though. :thumb:

swinters

Journeyman Mechanic
Oct 3, 2011
Western WA State
In case you haven't ordered yet, I'd recommend looking at a FASS or and Airdog, or additional filtration with the Kennedy pumps. Kennedy has great pumps from what I'm told but the much better filtration and the water/air/vapor separation that you get with the FASS or Airdog are important improvements. Your fuel injection system is very expensive and anything you do to protect it is money well spent. The stock GM filter/separator only barely meets minimum Bosch specifications and people have had a lot of fuel injection problems that could have been avoided. whether to go with FASS or Airdog is a tough choice. I went with FASS because of problems Airdog was having at the time that I bought mine but Airdog has fixed the pump problem, so should be good to go. Haven't had a bit of trouble with the FASS titanium lift pumps (have them on 3 Duramax pickups - two of them work trucks) so can speak to them as being good. No firsthand experience on Airdog or Kennedy so can only go with what friends and co-workers tell me.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
A plus for fass in my book is the filter size and placement. Even though the bracket isn't the most sturdy and a tire blowing out could cause a problem I like the fact that it's under the fuel door in the bedside. It makes changing filters much nicer. You don't have to lay under the truck and take a fuel bath to change filters. I have mine where I can bend down next to the truck and reach under so I don't have to worry about fuel running down my arm into my shirt. Which is what happens with every air dog pump I've messed with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk