LLY: Reborn

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I believe he did, but I don't care about dyno numbers as they can be easily skewed. I've always gone off of track numbers.

Yea I know what ya mean. Didn't he run like a 10.xx with that set up in a full weight 2wd with slicks though?

I'm glad to see someone trying a single pump set up out to see what they can do. Worst case scenario just put another 12mm on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Build sounds solid Brian but do you really think a single 12mm pump can handle 250's? I'm not bashing your decision, I'm just as curious I guess. Let er rip dude:thumb:

Pretty sure Broviak has already proved what a 12 mm pump is capable of. Those pumps are nasty!

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
This was on Danvilles web site:

DESCRIPTION

The Exergy 12mm CP3 is the best single CP3 pump available. *It is a brand new LBZ based CP3. *Is capable of supporting up to 1100+hp, and helped power White Lightning to a 10.96@123mph as a single pump single vgt turbo setup at TS Performance Outlaw Event in 2013! *With this 12mm pump and 200% Exergy Injectors and a set of HSP Triples (pair of TCT366 over DP Billet 72mm vgt) made a best of 1151hp traction limited and got a best of 6.92@103 1/8th mile track. * *This is a great pump for daily driving with the reliability of a stock pump but the power of 2 stock pumps without all the mess under the hood. *

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Yea I know what ya mean. Didn't he run like a 10.xx with that set up in a full weight 2wd with slicks though?

trap speed tells the HP story, ET tells you how well the chassis is working (i.e. how well you are putting that HP to the ground)

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
trap speed tells the HP story, ET tells you how well the chassis is working (i.e. how well you are putting that HP to the ground)

Yea I'm still learning all that lingo jingo. I'm not much on drag racing so I can't keep up

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Thanks Brian. The 12 mm pump is just a little bit short of the volume of two stock lbz pumps. The best bang for the buck is running two sportsman pumps. Recovery time with the 12 mm might be a tad slower than two stock pumps as well. Tuning will make it work out for you. At 4500 rpms the 12 mm flows about 6.25 l/min. Two stock pumps flow about 6.4 l/min. Two sportsman pumps flow about 9 l/min. Unless your opposed to dual pumps I would run two sportsman pumps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
Can wait to see the finished product! It's cool to see your progression throughout the years and all the trucks you have owned lol. I still remember the Silver LBZ and the picture of you in a Cowboy hat in front of it! :roflmao:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Hey Brian, good luck with the new build.

I think it'll work out just fine. ;)

Thanks Tom! Without you guys over at UPS, I would be going fast :happy2:

Brian, are you going with out of the box Brodix heads, or are you getting some port work done? Thanks.

Stock casting out of the box heads. ;)

Pretty sure Broviak has already proved what a 12 mm pump is capable of. Those pumps are nasty!
I agree.

Thanks Brian. The 12 mm pump is just a little bit short of the volume of two stock lbz pumps. The best bang for the buck is running two sportsman pumps. Recovery time with the 12 mm might be a tad slower than two stock pumps as well. Tuning will make it work out for you. At 4500 rpms the 12 mm flows about 6.25 l/min. Two stock pumps flow about 6.4 l/min. Two sportsman pumps flow about 9 l/min. Unless your opposed to dual pumps I would run two sportsman pumps.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I do agree the sportsman is the best bang for your buck, I talked to Mark awhile ago and he did advise that I could run a stock lbz pump on top of the 12mm stroker if I didn't get the number I wanted. Dual sportsman pumps aren't out of the question either, but I have been very inclinded to go 9.99 on a single cp3. I don't know if it has been done before, but I would be really happy to try for it.

Can wait to see the finished product! It's cool to see your progression throughout the years and all the trucks you have owned lol. I still remember the Silver LBZ and the picture of you in a Cowboy hat in front of it! :roflmao:

Thanks Eric!! Ive definitely learned a lot over the years. Read read an read some more. I don't remember the cowboy hat picture one bit.... :spit::roflmao:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Imho a 48 is a easy way to get around a problem. The Alli will go 9s, just as Mike Graves has, very happy with my ally from Mike L.

For race only a 48 is the answer, but I wanna drive to work every now and then :D

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
This should be a really cool build can't wait to see the progress!

06 lbz built trans, airdog2, Ppe gauges, efi by eisenhart diesel, arp head studs, Danville billet 68mm 4094, custom traction bars, fuel rail shim, s&b intake, 5 inch mbrp 7 inch stack, 20x12 tis, Goodyear duratrac my.

died - Feb 2015

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I wonder what that 14 mm is going to flow

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Depending on when you're ready for it, a 14mm pump has been getting tested and should be ready soon from S&S.

Interesting.... A 12mm cam pump can't even use the entire 12mm of travel due to the factory bucket, plunger, and suction valve design only 11.xx mm of travel to my knowledge...and the 12mm cam is within a few sheets of paper thickness from the inside of the factory casing, meaning the forged heat treated housing would need bored out, or 2mm could be removed from the base circle of the cam....but then, custom or modified buckets, plungers, and suction valves would all be needed. Price will be expensive for sure.