Question: Rear Wheel Spacers... Who is running them?!? Yes or No?!?

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Alright guys, last question I swear! :D

I know some people are running them and some people aren't but obviously different situations and different applications. I am wanting to get rid of the ugly wheel/tire stance that all are GM trucks have with the rear wheel/tire sitting in more then the front. My question is that I am worried about both racing and launching at the track with them, and wondering who all has experience with them and says yes or no? Any input would be greatly appreciated so I know to go ahead and pull the trigger or let it go... Thanks!

BobbyBDirtyMax

US Marine Corps Retired
Feb 15, 2013
Madisonville, KY
I've got a set of 1 1/2 in rear spacers on my LBZ and it takes a bit of getting used to at first because of being so used to the GM stance, I've ran these things for quite some time now and I mostly used them for my track tires being they almost were touching my leafs, got different tires now but have never had an issue at the track or DDing them. Some people run 2inch spacers but I think the 1 1/2s make it look just right. Worth the money for sure. I've got probably 100+ launches and no issues on them:thumb:

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I've got a set of 1 1/2 in rear spacers on my LBZ and it takes a bit of getting used to at first because of being so used to the GM stance, I've ran these things for quite some time now and I mostly used them for my track tires being they almost were touching my leafs, got different tires now but have never had an issue at the track or DDing them. Some people run 2inch spacers but I think the 1 1/2s make it look just right. Worth the money for sure. I've got probably 100+ launches and no issues on them:thumb:

Good info! Thanks!

What brand spacers are you running and where did you get them from?

BobbyBDirtyMax

US Marine Corps Retired
Feb 15, 2013
Madisonville, KY
Got mine off eBay, I think the brand is EZAccessory or something like that, they were about 130$. You may find another set cheaper, I know Cognito makes them too but only 2 inch I believe. No problem at all man

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I have 1.5" spacers on my rear. Tires are perfectly matched with the fronts and have 2+ years of daily driving on them with countless passes at the track. Never once had an issue. I picked them up for $40 off the local classifieds but I'm pretty sure there just eBay cheapos.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I just bought a set of 2" spacers for the rear of my truck from Titan wheel
Accessories. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. I will post and let you guys know how they work out. There not hub centric to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I had a set of aluminum 1.5" spacers for 5 years with no problems, granted its a RCLB I didn't anything tow heavy but made plenty of passes down the track
I believe they were lug centric
If I was going tow heavy with spacers Id go with the steel hub centric ones
1.5" spacers will get the rear tires to stick out even with the fronts, just have to cut the tips off of the lug studs to get them flush with the outside of the spacer

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Well sounds like I will be ordering some rear wheel spacers then! I know everybody talks about Fred's at wheeladaptors.com but they are extremely pricey in my opinion but obviously a good quality spacer. What is everyone else running? Just the basic cheap eBay style?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Cheap ones, we all know the saying no sense in writing it. Make an effort to support yours truly although the truck has all the engineering of: American, Japanese (Isuzu motor), Chinese, German, Canadian and who knows what else.You can purchase whatever you like to satisfy the "looks need" over the safety of yours and others.

Mark13

I'm so much cooler online
Dec 6, 2010
Northern, IL
I'm running 2" spacers from Fred. With my Cognito 4-6" lift my track width front to rear is within probably 1/4" of each other. I've got 50-60k on the spacers, only 3 passes down the track and 2 sled pulls but plenty of miles towing/hauling. I've had no problems with my spacers and after comparing them to the cheap aluminum 2" spacers I had (but never used) I'm confident in my decision to buy Fred's spacers and not run cheap ones. I don't need to loose a rear wheel with a 30k pound gooseneck behind me.

Dragonsfireloki

Nov 6, 2011
North Dakota
I have been running freds spacers for a year and a half with no problems. He will make them as thick as you want them. I don't have any passes on them, but i put on a lot of miles a year and most of it is rough gravel roads and they have held up. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

Detroit Muscle

Mar 22, 2013
I've had some RCX 2" spacers on the rear of mine now for a few months, no issues yet. Most I've pulled was around 10k.