rear shakles help!!!

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
e and my buddy trying to lower our trucks and we having a hell of the time trying to get thee upper bolt out theres nothing on the way or any pressure holding it we spent about 2 hours pounding and it didnt move is there any tricks or some kinda magic to get those biaches out thanks you

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Remove the factory hitch, jack the truck up by the frame until there is no tension on the shackles, remove the nut for the bottom bolt and knock it out, let the truck down until the top bolt will clear the top of the frame, remove the nut and knock it out. You may have to turn the bolt to break it loose.

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
Remove the factory hitch, jack the truck up by the frame until there is no tension on the shackles, remove the nut for the bottom bolt and knock it out, let the truck down until the top bolt will clear the top of the frame, remove the nut and knock it out. You may have to turn the bolt to break it loose.

x2 Exactly how I did it.

You can jack it up to much and put tension back on the bolt and it will not budge. Jack the truck up and then release the jack pressure til you see/feel the bolt relax. Then it will come out like hot butter.

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO

thats just they way we did it but the top bolt doesn't wanna come out and i try to turn it to make it loose but is really tight i even miss up the end of the top bolt tryin to knock it out also i spay some of the (breaks loose faster) and this time it didnt work tha well im just really frustrating
but thanks alot for the inputs :)

superpro56

Aug 6, 2009
Michigan
On my 02 the leaf spring hit the bed before I had enough clearance over the frame rail. Im gonna put my truck on a lift and take the leaf right off the truck, front and rear connection points and the u-bolts holding it to the axle. Then it should come out, but I will probably be installing caltracs at the same time so its not a whole bunch more work for me.

DURAMAXNV

Jul 31, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I just did my shackles last night and had the same problem...the way I got mine out was unbolting both the stock shackles from the leaf springs instead of one at a time...worked for me.