Ready to mod!

wyattearp92

May 27, 2011
Utah
Alright so many of you probably remember me whining about my injectors dying a few weeks ago, but they're all done now!! WOO! NEW injectors, return lines, fuel filter, oil etc. I was considering selling it after the repairs were done, but now that she's runnin right I just cant do it. So far I have 4" turbo back ProFlo exhaust and K&N intake on my 2001 LB7. I don't want to do anything too crazy for now, but I want minor mods to make her a little quicker that can also be used down the road if I decide to go with twins and a trans. What should I start with? I've done some research, but we all know how trustworthy google results are, and come up with the obvious things like EFI, boost valve, etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Get your self a good lift pump to start IMO,my neighbor sucks the rail dry when rolling and kicking down into passing wot,limps the truck and has to pull over to reset and all he is running is a 90 h.p. superchips no exhaust no cold air cleaner no boost valve nothing.Save the cp3 you have now and do the lift pump 1st :thumb:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Get your self a good lift pump to start IMO,my neighbor sucks the rail dry when rolling and kicking down into passing wot,limps the truck and has to pull over to reset and all he is running is a 90 h.p. superchips no exhaust no cold air cleaner no boost valve nothing.Save the cp3 you have now and do the lift pump 1st :thumb:
Unless he has some fuel supply problems, he should be limping the transmission before he limps with low rail pressure. What you're describing actually sounds more like a transmission limp anyway (at least what he is doing to make it happen).

MuscleTruck03

Wants a turbo!! or two...
Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
Unless he has some fuel supply problems, he should be limping the transmission before he limps with low rail pressure. What you're describing actually sounds more like a transmission limp anyway (at least what he is doing to make it happen).

X2 I really really doubt thats from no lift pump, sounds like he's limping his trans

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I must have missed something.He said problem was fixed and he was ready for mods???? i would not recomend a lift pump to repair a problem,but only as 1 of the 1st mods to make IMO