Question: Rancho Shocks

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
Hello , I put a leveling kit on my truck a few years ago and have since kinda wished I didnt do to the fact it made the ride more rough. I found out that the stock shock travel isnt much with it lifted 2.5 or so inches. I bought 4 new Rancho 5k's for a 4" lift so maybe I'd get a softer ride. My question is , Do I have to doing any more modificatons or change anything to get them to fit or will they just bolt right on ?? Thanks!

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
They should bolt up I think. The issue might b that they r out of there operating range. I would guess if u have at least a 2" block in the rear and the front up 2.5-3" u should b ok. I wouldn't run the extended shock mounts up front with 4" lift shocks.

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
I should have known better but the guy that told me to buy those shocks was wrong! They were way too big! LOL! I got my money back. I'm just gonna save up and lift it all together! Not seeing many 4" er's mainly 6" 's . Do you know anyone besides Rancho that makes a 4" Ifs lift for an 06?

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I think the tuff country 4" is pretty popular. The cognito kits r hands down in the majority. Every sig I read has a cognito lift.