Ran LLY Truck Dry

Shane H

Jul 23, 2024
Alberta, Canada
Ran the truck in my sig dry about 100m away from the fuel station. Was able to get it pushed close enough. Got it to run for 5 minutes but still had to haul it home that night.
Bled the return lines, bled the banjo fitting on the top side of the FICM. Bled the schrader valve by the alternator. Even bled a few of the accessible injectors. and both rails. Truck has a FASS 165. Filters are primed. Truck will NOT fire on diesel. I pinched the return line. Disconnected the FCA. Truck throws an intermittent P0335.

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Sounds like it might have stuck the FP regulator. The P0335 is weird because it won't fire without the cam signal, but that's no ways related to running out of fuel. Need to verify you have decent fuel pressure on the rail for it to fire, and make sure you are getting RPM signal. Last look at that cam sensor missed pulse data and see if maybe it is a bad connection.

Shane H

Jul 23, 2024
Alberta, Canada
I'll verify everything else next week when I get time to look at it again. Fuel Rail Pressure climbs to 27k psi as I'm cranking the starter and dwindles back down to nothing when leaving the key on accessory. Desired Fuel Pressure is asking for 5800-6k at start up. This is the same with the FCA plugged in and unplugged.