Quietest Exhaust System???

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I want something that is as quiet as stock.

The thing is with a decent exhaust you hear a nice exhaust note. I would rather listen to a slight rumble than the current fan, wind, and tire noise that I hear now. Once the turbo lights it also makes it sound like a turbocharged prius, as all your hear is my S366 whistling away...

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I have an S472 and its pretty grumbly. I'd go stock but it is way too small diameter. Does no one make a lage charmbered muffler for us? 4" inlet/outlet?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have an S472 and its pretty grumbly. I'd go stock but it is way too small diameter. Does no one make a lage charmbered muffler for us? 4" inlet/outlet?

Only one i know of is a flowmaster but they are the super 40s and hardly have any baffling. Add another muffler onto the one you got and ill bet shes almost as quite as stock.

clm7214

Maladjusted Marine
Jun 25, 2010
Buckeye, AZ
I have a Diamond Eye 4" with muffler and Quiet Tone front pipe. It is very quiet. I'm like you, I was tired of loud exhaust wile towing long distances. More specifically, I was tired of my wife complaining about it.

bean

Feb 5, 2011
Norwalk
I have a banks cat back off my lly, it was quite when I had it but then again I had the cat on also, if you want pm me and I'll sell you the muffler cheap

Jlarson

Jul 17, 2011
Audit exhaust

I recently found what I believe to be the best balance in flow quality and sound. I have a 08 LMM with dpf and cat removed. Intake is Banks and computer is Edge race. After I removed the cat and dpf it was too loud and the hissing was really bad. I just added a 30 inch FTE resonator and it's almost as quiet as stock only the flow is amazing. No increase in EGT's and may even have improved fuel economy. Just got 23 on a road trip and best before the exaust work was 21. I am sold on FTE resonators.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
You guys are comparing the sound of a stock turbo truck to a fixed geometry truck... Steve you need to find your balls, new girl doesn't like the sound of a man truck eh?