Question

Mullis434

Nov 16, 2011
Houston
Hey everyone I apologize for newb question but I've searched around and checked out some sticky's here but figured I would get actual opinions.

I'm looking to purchase a tuner for the truck and have it pretty much narrowed down to PPE economy or standard. My question is which one would be better suited for myself? I don't plan on making a race truck just a daily driver with a little more pep. I do tow my race cars and boat so I wasn't sure which one was better for that as well.

Thanks

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Hey everyone I apologize for newb question but I've searched around and checked out some sticky's here but figured I would get actual opinions.

I'm looking to purchase a tuner for the truck and have it pretty much narrowed down to PPE economy or standard. My question is which one would be better suited for myself? I don't plan on making a race truck just a daily driver with a little more pep. I do tow my race cars and boat so I wasn't sure which one was better for that as well.

Thanks
Ahhhh it starts so inocently like a tow or econo tune next thing you know.......... :driving:I had the hot +2 and loved it. i would get the standard i think it should have a tow econemy tune in it and for those times you want to turn it up a bit you have some other choices.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Probably the majority of people here will tell you to go find one of the vendors on here and either get a EFILive pre-tuned ecm with a DSP-5 switch or to go to a tuner in your area and have them tune your trucks ECM with a DSP-5 tune and install the switch to allow you to switch tunes on the fly.

Mullis434

Nov 16, 2011
Houston
Haha oh yes I know all too well how the little things add up! Well I appreciate the responses y'all, I guess i'm just going to have to flip a coin and make my decision! Also I'm thinking a banks or s&b intake should do just about right. And thats IT!....for now :D