Question on LML

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
I live in Texas my wife got stopped on my truck for no front plate by a state trooper, she was telling me that they didn't wanted to let her go because there was something wrong with the exh, at the end they gave her a warning after 30 min of being there, my question is has anybody got pulled over and asked about your exhaust ? Or the trooper was being an assh***

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
None of my trucks have a plate on the front and every time I've got pulled over, for speeding of course, they never said anything about plate nor exhaust. But yes sometimes you get a Douche cop and will harass you about exhaust most don't though here in Texas.

blackLTZ

May 6, 2016
South Texas!
That's the same thing I told my wife that Mia of the cops don't care about exh, they wanted to know exhaxtky who did the work and where I got my inspection ,

1sgkarlthomas

Jan 11, 2018
Texas
I was pulled over for no front plate as well in Texas it is the law was given opportunity to zip tie plate to front on ticket. Cop told Me because it was after dark and the amount of trucks stolen this past year they were just checking.... On other hand my wife was driving the truck and pulled over in Gonzalez Texas last year because the license plate on back wasn't lot bright enough. Now get this... I have a ranchhand rear bumper. 3 more cops showed up one a Sargent.. Told her she was missing a license plate light... They argued with her As she explained that the hole on the other side of the plate was where you lowered the spare :thumb:

1sgkarlthomas

Jan 11, 2018
Texas
FYI if you are pulled over for things like that note the exact time more than 30 minutes Is excessive and you can easily have it thrown out

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I've heard of tickets written but none that ever stuck. Cops are people so obviously some are gonna just be assholes. Just take it as that...

Shurshot

May 24, 2018
Just read this....been a Texas resident all my life and have been pulled over on more than one occasion for no front license plate. The first time was cool as the officer said it was a nice truck and would not put one on there either. He said to just throw the plate in the windshield as the law states it must "be displayed to the front" Mind you this was in 1990, so that is what I do every time I get on the highway as the State Troopers are the only ones who make it an issue....I was pulled over again years later in a diff truck for the same reason only there were two troopers one in training and I got into an argument with the trainee and ended up letting him "win" so I would not get a ticket....I am a retired LEO and can most assuredly tell you that there are turds in all professions to include all Law Enforcement entities.....