what to do about GREEN hurting eyes

• Total voters

LBZoom

Apr 7, 2009
Just because I can make 522rwhp on a dyno....does not mean that I run it on the highest possible setting all the time. I run mine on a 430hp tune 24/7....no slippage.

I still don't get why spend money on a fleece turbo, to have a stock trans under it? Yea, you could de-tune it so much that it wouldnt be hurt.....but that would take away the potential of the 68mm. Seems like a waste of money to me...unless you like to spend almost $2200 to listen to a whistle.....

It's not a waste Cory, I don't have deep enough pockets to do everything at once, it was either a trans or a turbo, I chose turbo first.... it has a lot of benefits besides just what it can do on top end. I will hopefully be building the trans this spring and then I can go from there.

I personally think 525 on a stock trans just for the dyno title is a waste and potentially very expensive for you.... why tune it to 525 if you can't use it on a daily basis reliably?

I don't need a dyno title, I have a stock LBZ in Indiana making 521rwhp and 1057, I've posted the Dyno sheets before, as for myself. I'm happy keeping the Fleece on low boost right now and just soaking in the sound while still getting more power :thumb:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
It's not a waste Cory, I don't have deep enough pockets to do everything at once, it was either a trans or a turbo, I chose turbo first.... it has a lot of benefits besides just what it can do on top end. I will hopefully be building the trans this spring and then I can go from there.

I personally think 525 on a stock trans just for the dyno title is a waste and potentially very expensive for you.... why tune it to 525 if you can't use it on a daily basis reliably?

I don't need a dyno title, I have a stock LBZ in Indiana making 521rwhp and 1057, I've posted the Dyno sheets before, as for myself. I'm happy keeping the Fleece on low boost right now and just soaking in the sound while still getting more power :thumb:

You can make that much every day with a built trans and stock charger..

LBZoom

Apr 7, 2009
You can make that much every day with a built trans and stock charger..

Yes I realize that, my goals don't stop at 525rwhp.... and the key word is BUILT trans, it's a waste on a stock trans....

Not to mention, you can have two trucks making the same power, one does it the right way and the other does it by scraping by the cheap way.

There's nothing wrong with putting a turbo on in preparation for future goals, I honestly don't see what the big stink is. Everybody has their way of doing things right? Why all of the sudden is the focus on my turbo?

Carry on gentleman, this thread is getting dilluted now with points irrelevant to the main topic.

:hug:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Yeah get dual CP3s too. Plan ahead. :rolleyes:

Then once you have a built motor you can buy gauges and an exhaust.

Logical progression :rofl:

LBZoom

Apr 7, 2009
Yeah get dual CP3s too. Plan ahead. :rolleyes:

Then once you have a built motor you can buy gauges and an exhaust.

Logical progression :rofl:

lol, careful some people might take ya seriously, I know a bunch that the first thing they want is 500hp and not one gauge!

I guess the real problem is that everyone thinks that just because you put a bigger turbo on that you have to run it at max power or else it won't function, at least that's what I'm gathering, the 68mm Cheetah VVT is still plenty streetable for everyday use, lower EGT's and more mid range power on my stock trans, nothing says it has to be turned up yet.... it's called self-control!

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
It's more about doing the modifications in an order that they best compliment each other.

Sent from my iPhone.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Yes I realize that, my goals don't stop at 525rwhp.... and the key word is BUILT trans, it's a waste on a stock trans....

Not to mention, you can have two trucks making the same power, one does it the right way and the other does it by scraping by the cheap way.

There's nothing wrong with putting a turbo on in preparation for future goals, I honestly don't see what the big stink is. Everybody has their way of doing things right? Why all of the sudden is the focus on my turbo?

Carry on gentleman, this thread is getting dilluted now with points irrelevant to the main topic.

:hug:

Yea might it putting the thread off topic of you try to be pimped and a tuner for free like over on Duramax Forum. You have someone start the thread then you come in talking about your tuning. Might want to check in with Kat and kitty up some vendor fees.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I ran twins, modded cp3, 20% over injectors, & efi live on a stock transmission. Never limped it with twins, limped it with a bastard stack though.

My goals were to build the transmission first but other things came up, so I just went with what I got good deals on. Transmission just ended up in the middle.

If you have some self control, there is no reason you can't put what ever the hell you want on there, just know the limitations of the rest of puzzle.

bop42271

bop42271
Dec 13, 2011
East Tennessee
Guys he never ask me to start this. I did it for my own research. He is located an hour away from me and I personally like being able to talk to my tuner face to face. That my .02 but I have realized he is very good guy to deal couldn't ask for better.

LBZoom

Apr 7, 2009
Yea might it putting the thread off topic of you try to be pimped and a tuner for free like over on Duramax Forum. You have someone start the thread then you come in talking about your tuning. Might want to check in with Kat and kitty up some vendor fees.

I'm not attempting to sell anything in this thread, and I'm not TRYING to be anything..... Just because people pay for a spot doesn't make them anything.... Again, I've not attempted to sell anything on here.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

So whats the "right way" since putting a big tune on a stock tranny/turbo truck is wrong, but buying a big turbo and running really small tuning with a stock trans is ok? How is it logical and/or looking a head if either way you have to save the cash for one then the other or both at the same time? i understand if a sweet deal pops up but thats all that would justify it in my book.

I really dont understand how using a stock turbo to push over 500hp is the wrong way/bad way/ short lived when there are lots of guys out there who have the fuel to pushes those numbers and run it on a day to day basis with out issues. My charger has 165k and has lasted on a 400rwhp tune and stock trans for 90k, 475-500rwhp for 60k (20k of that on stock trans), and 560rwhp with a big bother infront of it. No shaft play and has out lasted my rods, so whats to wrong with it?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
So whats the "right way" since putting a big tune on a stock tranny/turbo truck is wrong, but buying a big turbo and running really small tuning with a stock trans is ok? How is it logical and/or looking a head if either way you have to save the cash for one then the other or both at the same time? i understand if a sweet deal pops up but thats all that would justify it in my book.

I really dont understand how using a stock turbo to push over 500hp is the wrong way/bad way/ short lived when there are lots of guys out there who have the fuel to pushes those numbers and run it on a day to day basis with out issues. My charger has 165k and has lasted on a 400rwhp tune and stock trans for 90k, 475-500rwhp for 60k (20k of that on stock trans), and 560rwhp with a big bother infront of it. No shaft play and has out lasted my rods, so whats to wrong with it?

I'm in the same boat...waiting to get schooled on dmax upgrades. :baby:

LBZoom

Apr 7, 2009
Okay let me re-phrase it for you, maybe there isnt a right way or a wrong way, but there is a better and more efficient way to make 500+ than using a factory turbo.

I'm not saying that a factory turbo won't do it, I'm saying a bigger turbo will do it better, agreed?

And it really makes no difference of I did a turbo or a trans first guys, to each his own. I've already stated that I'll be building it soon, I've not needed to yet, and I don't plan on running 500+ on my factory turbo anyhow so I already replaced it. Big deal.

LBZoom

Apr 7, 2009
And I didn't do one or the other because I got a good deal, I'm just doing part of it now and part of it later as money allows, for christ's sake I'm not here to criticize you people for what you're doing, you have the right todo things your way as do I, but don't expect to dogpile on me without a fight.

lmm757

Sep 1, 2011
This is rediculous. Tyler is a great guy awesome tunerr and customer service is second to none. Every one on these forums has better things than the next guy and much smarter just ask em' :)

DonDeere

PROfessional Farmer
Jan 17, 2012
upper midwest
This is rediculous. Tyler is a great guy awesome tunerr and customer service is second to none. Every one on these forums has better things than the next guy and much smarter just ask em' :)
...LMM757...this is an EXCELLENT post relative to the way things seem to have progressed on this thread which asked a simple question...and was seeminly answered...

...then a few guys go all alpha male on a guy for basically saying "thanks" :rolleyes:

...as far as "pay to play"...WTF is up with that attitude, since when are internet message boards all about paying to play in order to ask questions or for that sake REPLYING to them??...

...when CAT came out with their 400HP motor for semi's everyone(except the guys that undeerestood EFFICIENCY that goes along with properly delivered power)asked WHY??...

...when CAT came out with the 425HP motor for semi's the same people asked WHY?...

...now that all makers now have available motors in the 600HP range their are no more asking WHY...because it has been PROVEN that a well designed system that incorporates EFFICIENT POWER into their products makes for a more powerful, higher miles per gallon vehicle and that is better for everyone...

...seems if you investigate the "tunes"...either on "stock" DuraMax's that LBZOOMdude has done or even the ones he has done with all the bell's and whistle add on's...tranny builds...big turbos...big tires...big lifts...exhaust systems...intake systems...higher capacity lift pumps or whatever...the results are the same...his customers are extremely happy with him and therefore his "ability" to do something for them others have not been able to do :thumb:

...in real life actions speak louder than words!! ;)

...only on the "internet" can the inverse of this time tested axiom be true!! ...as is evident by some internet posters, wherever the forums they can be found lurking on :D

...I'm old enough to have been on the very first internet "message boards" way back when they came about...when they first came into being, it didn't used to be this way at all...people were respectfull of others views or opinions...we discussed these views and opinions with each other in a civil way!!...now days however, it seems with each passing yeere some simply try to piss farther than others on them :rolleyes:

...and I guess if I undeerestand this modern day internet message board system correctly, if you PAY to piss...it make you that much more credible of a pisser :thumb:

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
If money allows.....I would do something that would give more "bang-for-the-buck".....i.e.= built trans.