Pulling Pucks

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Maybe I should look into this. I have to do 40 point turns it seems with my 325s.. probably just run these bfg 285s this year and see how well they do

The smartest thing i did was go from my 285 BFG to a set of 315's this past season. I immediately started beating friends/other pullers that i had consistently been finishing 2-10ft behind. I'll settle for the 15pt turns any day! Theres no way my truck would pull 4th gear on these tracks so the 315's split the difference.

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I played with that Idea too but my truck turned into a bunny rabbit and bounced it cost me the pull .

Hay Mike how is it going haven't seen you on here in a while . The way I see it researching all this stuff myself is one of the biggest advantages of being addicted to this crap . You are probably the only one in this area actually reading these forums . You gonna be able to pull much next year with your new little girl ?

I will try to post some pics tonight ..

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
If someone that can figure out how to post pics on here will send me their email I will send them the pictures to put on here of my pucks . It will probably be of no use to explain to me how to do it . I am pretty much computer illiterate .

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
i just used 1" threaded rod. hits where the yellow guys were at. real nice for the 35" tires on stock height

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
I played with that Idea too but my truck turned into a bunny rabbit and bounced it cost me the pull .

Hay Mike how is it going haven't seen you on here in a while . The way I see it researching all this stuff myself is one of the biggest advantages of being addicted to this crap . You are probably the only one in this area actually reading these forums . You gonna be able to pull much next year with your new little girl ?

I will try to post some pics tonight ..

doing good Adam. believe it or not, trying to have a puller for next year. I'll only use it once a month, but better than nothing. also got to get the clutch in the gasser

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-5-1-2-Inch-x-11-Inch-Street-Stock-Front-Springs,23510.html

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-Pro-Coil-Spring-Slider,23490.html

you would use this^^^^^^^^^^ to put coil overs on the front of a d maxx.. and yes the rates do get bigger than wat i found,you can get that size spring all the way up to a 1500lbs im pretty sure of..

the slider,i posted will take anything you throw at it,and if ur unsure about the plate's just make new one's but if i was going to coil spring a front i would use this. you would still need to find a shock.
but i do know thay have coil over kits that use the big 5 1/2" springs,
if you go with a big coil over kit,afco also makes a dubble adj shock so you can dial in rebound an compression...just my 2 cents

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
If you are gonna use it for just a sled tugging unit , why couldn't you pull the torsion bars , use the pucks to hold the front end up and just put good shocks on it ?

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
If you are gonna use it for just a sled tugging unit , why couldn't you pull the torsion bars , use the pucks to hold the front end up and just put good shocks on it ?

well i think suspension is a good thing. on a rough track i would want the front end to be able to travel as much as it needs to