PS3 issue

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
So I recently got an older Sony Wega 55" tv. It has one HDMI input and my cable shows up in 1080 perfectly and looks great but when I tried plugging my PS3 in I get sound but pictures all ****ed up and distorted...anyone know how to fix it?

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
How...I take a picture...when I say screen is F'd I mean jumping all over and unusable. I had my ps3 for 2 years setup the exact same way on my old tv. HDMI from PS3 to TV unhooked it and rebooked it to new TV (old in age from 04) HDMI and ita weird. If someone can tell me how to set it up that'd be great! I was wondering if there was some kind of formatting issue with the older tv as PS3s didn't exist then??

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
turn off the system and when you turn it back on keep your finger on the power buttton until you hear a beep. takes about five seconds of holding it. that resets the whole video thing.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
I'll five it a shot...damn weirdest thing is I get audio clear as day just the pictures all wacky...I'll post a pic when not drunk and at home

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
turn off the system and when you turn it back on keep your finger on the power buttton until you hear a beep. takes about five seconds of holding it. that resets the whole video thing.
x2. That should fix it.