Premature Built Engine Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This is the text Wade sent me when he found the gear lash was tighter than normal. But in this text he imlpies that it's not an issue and should be okay. I'm not an engine builder and left the decision up to him since he's the professional

i retract my prior statement. a machine shop should know gears dont "break in" like that. specially wade

IMHO, cut your losses and go to someone who knows what they are doing. even if the guy rebuilt it for free, you really going to trust it?

Last edited:

Mattsmax

Jul 27, 2013
Barboursville, VA
i retract my prior statement. a machine shop should know gears dont "break in" like that.

IMHO, cut your losses and go to someone who knows what they are doing. even if the guy rebuilt it for free, you really going to trust it?

That's what my wife says too. She's just over it because it left us on side of the road. The money part is what sucks the most

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
To the OP, I can honestly say I feel bad for you. With every text you posted, it just made him look worse and worse. You even said you were concerned about a gear noise, and he said it was because it was machined so precise you were just hearing the diesel sound(that part turned my stomach). And the comment about gears breaking in, ANYBODY who knows hardened gears knows this doesn't happen. That being said, he fully owes you for the gears, the oil pump, any damages caused by the metal introduction, any damages that could have occurred from the loss of oil pressure, and ALL assembly costs, but I do have to agree with him if it ran no longer than you say under cruising loads, then the turbo shouldn't have went out like yours did.

In any case, he knows he messed up, and if he doesn't then shame on him. I hope you can come to an agreement with him where you both feel whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.