PPE programmer on LMM

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
I have a question I just recently purchased a PPE tuner and I've been reading that its recommended that I get gauges to monitor the EGTS.
My question is I have a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and program (torque) and it has many items that I can monitor on the truck, I can monitor the Catalyst Temperature Bank1 sensor 1 and catalyst temperature bank 1 sensor 2 If I monitor those and would that be the same as a gauges. These are sensors that are reporting back to the ECM.

Would monitoring these sensors be the same as guages? If I can avoid having to purchase guages I will be very happy. Currently I have it on level 2 want to move to level 3 but I don't want to do any damage to my truck.
I live in Arizona and I do plan on doing some towing of my 5th wheel weight about 6-7K. Also being that I live in Arizona so 1 it is hot during the summer and 2 we do have hills and mountains. I just trying to educate myself as much as possible and not destroy my truck.

Petty Cash

Would ya' look at that!?
Feb 12, 2014
Northwestern Pennsylvania
Ideally you'll want to read your EGT from a probe in the manifold. The ones the ECM reads should be pre-post DPF, which won't give you a great indication of what's going on at the engine.

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
Sounds like I need gauges. Any recommendations on brand or where to buy them from or not to buy them from? I'm on a tight budget but I don't want to damage my truck.

Is there anything else that I should monitor along with the EGT