PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Going to type it once again, if they are now USA made, :thumb: but as of a few months ago, I can and will say, from my own two eyes and ears (in a position and place to know at the time) disagree. You and or the business may imply this, but for an Olive branch to have the roots, soil, trunk, bark, branches, leaves and all the olives and plant the tree in someone elses yard, sure is very coincidental don't you think.

Put the dmaxstore manifolds, and up pipes next to your PPE and the only difference will be the stamped name and CARB CERT

Heck, those tie rod ends this same olive branch was or is still making for PPE Tie rods, are now falling off the olive branch planted in the other guys yard...... :hug:

From my memory of contact numbers, emails, names...... I can most likely open my own Duramax steering and manifold company and include some ford parts (sinister, Ooops, I mean similar olive tree and yard). Why you say, there is no patents ...... other than I cant manufacture, or have manufactured a support kit for my idlers or pitmans, There is a reason that two popular UCA's look almost identical...

Why nobody else has made or have made a hectagon tie rod body or center link and slapped mevotech, moog, rare parts ends or over seas ends on them, is beyond me... or another boxed style UCA, Slapped moog or mevotech, cognito ball joints in them and call them their own is beyond me.....No patent stopping one from doing...

Get an account with a wholesale company or two and slap all the brands they offer on the internet web store one made at Go Daddy and drop ship it all, then bam.. your in business. (Diesel Brothers or others familiar to us, maybe ring a bell)

Anybody care to invest in another steering brand and online parts store??? anyone :D

First off I want to applaud you about leaving Dmax store due to your ethics/morals for what they are doing :thumb:

Have you ever held in your hand a PPE/Garrett desinged exhaust manifold???? Have you ever held in your hand a Dmax store/RDP exhaust manifold?????
If so did you see any the differences?

Just to clear the air on what you are trying to imply with your posts. Are you saying that PPE has at ANYTIME cast our PPE/Garrett designed high flow exhaust manifolds at any foundry other than Globe In Southern California USA??? :confused:

Also, about the tie rods ends.. Are you referring to the tie rod ends PPE sold to dmax store??

Last edited:

grapids

Feb 16, 2017
PPE Exhaust Manifolds are made right here in California!

Duk,

*PPE/Garrett designed Manifolds are cast locally in Southern California, U.S.A and always have... Period!

*Dmax Store is importing cheap overseas knockoff's of PPE products....

I have had a recent visit to Globe Foundry! If your ears hear something I must tell you that you were misinformed or just flat out lied to. Incorrect Stating PPE Manifolds are not made in USA when for a fact they are. False information you have said about the Manifolds are unfounded. Maybe a visit Globe foundry and see for yourself. They always have been made in USA! Overseas Companies will do anything to undercut U.S. Businesses.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I have had a recent visit to Globe Foundry! If your ears hear something I must tell you that you were misinformed or just flat out lied to. Incorrect Stating PPE Manifolds are not made in USA when for a fact they are. False information you have said about the Manifolds are unfounded. Maybe a visit Globe foundry and see for yourself. They always have been made in USA! Overseas Companies will do anything to undercut U.S. Businesses.
Great first post!

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
All this reading makes me think my next mod might be a set of tow-flow's from Rick. Or maybe even manifolds and uppipes..... We'll see how steady my job is gonna be this year first..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
First off I want to applaud you about leaving Dmax store due to your ethics/morals for what they are doing :thumb:

Like I said, it fell in their lap, truthfully via an email to the info line from the 'middle guy" , we all know I was the one answering the emails. I know they didn't seek it, but they certainly didn't ignore it

Have you ever held in your hand a PPE/Garrett desinged exhaust manifold???? Have you ever held in your hand a Dmax store/RDP exhaust manifold?????
If so did you see any the differences?

I have, and have. Like I said, similar, with slight change. When one extends the olive branch, then comes in to pitch their "what I can do for you and what I have done for 'this" or "that" guy and here is the samples and proof in the form of pudding, and one is in a position to be involved in a small roll, but it all unfolds feet from the desk they sat in, would qualify for being, :in a position to know". Wouldn't you think so.

Just to clear the air on what you are trying to imply with your posts. Are you saying that PPE has at ANYTIME cast our PPE/Garrett designed high flow exhaust manifolds at any foundry other than Globe In Southern California USA??? :confused:

I am confused too

Also, about the tie rods ends.. Are you referring to the tie rod ends PPE sold to dmax store??

Yes sir, no secret now that when a certain company was having difficulties getting the supplies for the ends to Dmaxstore (I am sure the customers all remember the months of back orders and delays with the products that had tie rod ends attached to them) that Dmaxstore did buy some ends from PPE to get the product to their customers, on more than one occasion. Might want to tell the guys in the warehouse at PPE, to make sure they take the shipping label off the pallet before they forward it to the competitor, that over paid for them, that has some pertinent information about cost and supplier (mistake #1)

Then, have a squabble with said middle man, mistake #2 (Hence the reason for the email to said info line)

Dukcaln

Dec 6, 2014
Nor California
Please let me address this with Duk directly.... :hug:

Dan, if you want to talk, more than happy to. The back on forth in the open arena may or may not expose business industry secretes. Shoot a PM and I'll be more than happy to be cordial. Heck, I might even have a branch or two I have been pruning for a while..... :)

No worries, as I never signed any disclosure clause, don't tell bullshlt note like some other fools have :thumb:

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
Dan where are your up pipes made?, they come in that shity white chinese cardboard boxes are they just boxed in China or produced there too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

zparker686

Nov 12, 2014
Maine
Went with a profab EGR Delete tube a couple years back, great product. I am usually not very brand loyal, and will shop the best deal ( assuming the best deal isn't chinese crap). I have a couple of small PPE parts. This was an interesting read. Doesn't seem like there is any doubt as to where Rick's stuff is made, however there seems to be disagreement about the whereabouts of PPE's and DMAX store. Could be truth, could be total BS for all I know. Coming from a neutral nobody who just likes buying stuff for his truck which pisses his wife off, I'm inclined to go Profab over PPE for any comparable parts. There doesn't seem to be any question as to Rick's stuff. Still don't need up pipes or manifolds yet, but when I do, I now know 100% who I'm going with.....