PPE manifolds & up pipes , Duramax store brand or??

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Rick, any chances of getting your products carb approved for California? I admire your products but am restricted to purchasing do to zip code :(

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Rick, any chances of getting your products carb approved for California? I admire your products but am restricted to purchasing do to zip code :(

They can't see manifold & up pipes without tearing into the truck. Pretty sure your good like the rest of us in CA with them. No smog tech is going to do that for a $50 smog test. It's a visual inspection (EGR, Cat, intake, DPF, etc), OBD2 check and throttle snap test.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona

Can't say how many times I've had stuff shipped to me, then shipped to members on here that live in California haha.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
They can't see manifold & up pipes without tearing into the truck. Pretty sure your good like the rest of us in CA with them. No smog tech is going to do that for a $50 smog test. It's a visual inspection (EGR, Cat, intake, DPF, etc), OBD2 check and throttle snap test.

Can't say how many times I've had stuff shipped to me, then shipped to members on here that live in California haha.

Wow.... companies and individuals telling people to break the laws??? even being complaisant with the actions.... SMH..

I'm sure that will go over well.. :eek:

We all know people from CARB or EPA never reads the forums... :spit:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Well I know profab makes PPE for sure so looking more like DMax store sine on sale $599

This is an incorrect statement..

Profab has not made any PPE manifolds for many years now, I would guess 5 or so, maybe more. The ones Rick did make for us look just like his current offerings picture #1

Ours that were co designed with Garrett/Honeywell look nothing like Profabs. Picture #2

Nothing was copied from Profab, when PPE/Garrett engineered our new design.

The only thing that was the same as our old manifold (profab), was the flange location for the up-pipe. The reason we kept that the same was for customers that had the old design that wanted to upgrade to a better flowing more robust manifold, and to deal with warranty issue on the old design.

So... if the manifold looks like a Profab, then they were Profabs. If they look like our newer design they are PPE's/Garrett's.

Now there are a few poor copies on the market (guess which design they thought was the best to try and copy???? ;):D )

Attachments

• profab.jpg
    profab.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 158
  • CutAway_v3.jpg
    CutAway_v3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 159

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Wow.... companies and individuals telling people to break the laws??? even being complaisant with the actions.... SMH..

And we all know that 9 second truck in your Sig has a vin #, even if it is "Only used in Competition":thumb: . Having a vin number with the parts to get into the 9's makes it non compliant in Cali, I'll put money on that! And I'm sure I can dig up posts videos etc with your affiliated company directly involved, that are past the "grey area". It's cool you want to show up every so often and pimp out the new PPE prouduct, but wearing your halo around yer ass does not count as being an Angel :angel:...

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Russ,

Don't get me wrapped up in your bs....

What does my race truck have to do with this??

All my street trucks are legal.... cats, egr's, ect... :hug:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Not very many emissions "legal" trucks on this or a slew of other sites for that matter. I'm sure the you two know that as of 2017 that the EPA will be adopting/implementing all CARB rules for the remaining 49 states and this is just a start....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_emission_standards

The EPA has adopted the California emissions standards as a national standard by the 2016 model year[4] and is collaborating with California regulators on stricter national emissions standards for model years 2017–2025.[5]

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona

Don't act like you have never done it..

Want names and addresses so you can go after them? :confused:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
The pot calling the kettle black in so many ways. And as far as BS, Dan seems to be the one spewing it, as usual.