LMM: PPE Duel Fueler

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I know this thread is a little old (lol), but I thought another reason for loss in rail was due to higher rpms. I've had a lift pump since before I had efi live, the top end has always seemed a little week...kinda like it couldn't keep up. I logged it and even took some video doing 1/4mile 4wd boosted launches at wot to watch my rail drop. I've got 320k km on my truck now. My 150 tune had the reassure drop but it wasn't as noticeable as the 230 tune is now. I found that among common problems (such as a weak fprv), the pump itself seemed to "defuel" at high rpms causing a drop in pressure. I'll have to find the thread again that talked about it, but it had me looking at exergy's sportsman cp3 which i believe was just a modified stock cp3 that would hold pressure at higher rpms rather then allowing pressure to drop.

It s pretty common knowledge now that you need a pump modded to fuel properly over 3,000 rpm. The most popular seems to be exergys sportsman cp3...

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
2 stock pumps on mine, one was new when I installed the kit and my original 160k pump...holds rail just fine at 3700 rpm on my "754 dyno power" tune.

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
What's wrong with modded pumps? Has anybody had an Exergy 10mm or 12mm fail?

Easier to replace (meaning cheaper) stock pumps. Modded pumps can be pricey and aren't always readily available. Dual pump has higher initial setup costs, but in my mind is a more reliable setup. I have no experience with a dual setup, yet, but this is kind of where the research I have done has lead me.