LMM: PPE Duel Fueler

moneypitt

MFNG
Jan 1, 2014
WA
Are there any issues with installing a Duel Fueler kit on a truck with stock injectors? The truck is not holding rail pressure on a max effort tune. There are future plans for injectors and a turbo upgrade so having enough fuel at that point would be nice, I can get a new PPE duel fueler kit for $1500.00 with pump.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Then replacing the already failing CP3 would be a better decision. A dual fueler kit is easier to install than it is to change the factory pump but your just delaying the inevitable. You said the bottle test checked good but plugging the rail is a good decision also because the factory one will also fail.

moneypitt

MFNG
Jan 1, 2014
WA
Then replacing the already failing CP3 would be a better decision. A dual fueler kit is easier to install than it is to change the factory pump but your just delaying the inevitable. You said the bottle test checked good but plugging the rail is a good decision also because the factory one will also fail.

So a stock CP3 should be able to keep up @ 230 hp over stock to the wheels?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Bs. If that were so, my 190k stocker would be shot, yet when I added another 100k stocker pump to my new 45% overs it will hold 3050uS all day long at 26k demanded/actual.

Stock pumps wear. When they wear the volume can not keep up on a big tune. Just because it has worn some does not mean it's going to fail and your band aiding the issue. There are a ton of trucks that can't hold a max effort tune but can on a step smaller tune. This is the norm.

Dual fuelers will take the stress off the single pump and split it as the volume is the issue, not the pressure.

Put duals on and have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Bs. If that were so, my 190k stocker would be shot, yet when I added another 100k stocker pump to my new 45% overs it will hold 3050uS all day long at 26k demanded/actual.

Stock pumps wear. When they wear the volume can not keep up on a big tune. Just because it has worn some does not mean it's going to fail and your band aiding the issue. There are a ton of trucks that can't hold a max effort tune but can on a step smaller tune. This is the norm.

Dual fuelers will take the stress off the single pump and split it as the volume is the issue, not the pressure.

Doesn't mean it's not going to fail either, in my opinion it is band aiding the issue. Tark had a great idea that didn't even cross my mind and that is to put the new pump in the valley and old one on top. Much easier to swap if he continues to have problems with it.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC

you pretty much described my truck. 230k miles, runs like a top but the cp3 just isn't up to task anymore. Tune 4 actually pulls a little better than tune 5. I think my pump is far from junk it just isn't the man it once was.

2007 dmax

Mar 2, 2014
Sorry to derail the thread but i am installing my dual pump setup now an do you guys hook the power up to a keyed power or just battery power?

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I know this thread is a little old (lol), but I thought another reason for loss in rail was due to higher rpms. I've had a lift pump since before I had efi live, the top end has always seemed a little week...kinda like it couldn't keep up. I logged it and even took some video doing 1/4mile 4wd boosted launches at wot to watch my rail drop. I've got 320k km on my truck now. My 150 tune had the reassure drop but it wasn't as noticeable as the 230 tune is now. I found that among common problems (such as a weak fprv), the pump itself seemed to "defuel" at high rpms causing a drop in pressure. I'll have to find the thread again that talked about it, but it had me looking at exergy's sportsman cp3 which i believe was just a modified stock cp3 that would hold pressure at higher rpms rather then allowing pressure to drop.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I know this thread is a little old (lol), but I thought another reason for loss in rail was due to higher rpms. I've had a lift pump since before I had efi live, the top end has always seemed a little week...kinda like it couldn't keep up. I logged it and even took some video doing 1/4mile 4wd boosted launches at wot to watch my rail drop. I've got 320k km on my truck now. My 150 tune had the reassure drop but it wasn't as noticeable as the 230 tune is now. I found that among common problems (such as a weak fprv), the pump itself seemed to "defuel" at high rpms causing a drop in pressure. I'll have to find the thread again that talked about it, but it had me looking at exergy's sportsman cp3 which i believe was just a modified stock cp3 that would hold pressure at higher rpms rather then allowing pressure to drop.

I agree with you! This is from Fleece's website:

"The Fleece Performance CP3K is a modified Duramax LBZ CP3 designed to eliminate the factory fuel flow restriction that begins at 3,000 RPM. If you have a stock CP3 pump you are losing fuel flow and rail pressure after 3000 RPM, which correlates to lost horsepower when you need it most. This cost effective upgrade will allow you to maintain desired fuel rail pressure through your entire RPM range."