powerfest series at The Buck

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
They will not let you run with an after market bumper they are pretty strict on that. Not tryin to scare you away just dont want you to make the ride all the way down here for nothing.

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
I know that there are Dodges- one especially- that has an aftermarket hood on it. He has pulled up there for a long time, and he hasnt had any issues with them. Bumper or no bumper, what would that matter- There are alot of guys without rear bumpers, so why cant you run no front? Not trying to talk you into it, but it is an awesome event! -Steven

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i will come down i guess. i'll be far back in the pack i bet but nothing i can do about it. i look at different organization's rules and kick myself everyday for not doing this or that to make the truck a "puller". but i like the way the truck looks and drives, i like that i can use it for everything from off-road, to tree work, to racing, to pulling. i like hearing stories from my little cousins about how kids at school were all talking about seeing it rolling through town, haha. as much as i want to be on top of the competition, i also just want to enjoy it.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Just my $.02, try and call someone and see that every questionable part on your truck makes tech, before you make the trip. The Buck has a "what we say goes" mentality, no exceptions.
To quote the owner in the last driver's meeting last year "Our rules aren't perfect...but they're pretty darn close"

As for the Duramax domination...thats only been recently. First one that made people look was a maroon bullydog powered LB7. I remember the first few Pickup Nights when the cumminGs dominated and the announcer would not stop making Duramax remarks...I'm glad he's eating his words :happy2:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
i will come down i guess. i'll be far back in the pack i bet but nothing i can do about it. i look at different organization's rules and kick myself everyday for not doing this or that to make the truck a "puller". but i like the way the truck looks and drives, i like that i can use it for everything from off-road, to tree work, to racing, to pulling. i like hearing stories from my little cousins about how kids at school were all talking about seeing it rolling through town, haha. as much as i want to be on top of the competition, i also just want to enjoy it.

What kind of tree work you doing? I seen your truck at lebanon Valley last month, nice rig!!

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
You will do alot better than you think- Duramaxs rule the stock class at the BUCK! The next pull is June 13, hope to see you there- Steven

fixed it for ya.

duramax has never won the modified class...none of them with non stock turbos wanna pull in that class.

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
Getblown 5.9, where did you end up at TS?

didnt get to pull, it was the most unorganized mess of an event i ever saw.

after sitting in the pits in line til 2am, i gave up. 12 hour drive home the next morning, i put it back on the trailer and got my money back.

and John to pull the mod class basically you would have to have a 2.8 turbo, no water hooked up, stock front bumper with no hanging weights, and a reese style hitch still. other than its your basic safety rules which im sure you have covered, and then things like 1" travel etc.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
didnt get to pull, it was the most unorganized mess of an event i ever saw.

after sitting in the pits in line til 2am, i gave up. 12 hour drive home the next morning, i put it back on the trailer and got my money back.

and John to pull the mod class basically you would have to have a 2.8 turbo, no water hooked up, stock front bumper with no hanging weights, and a reese style hitch still. other than its your basic safety rules which im sure you have covered, and then things like 1" travel etc.

Well that is not worth the drive than. Thanks TJ.

Last edited:

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
I left at 2:30am or so...thought maybe you pulled after that.

Unorganized was an understatement.

Yea I was so tired, I was sleeping in my truck in the pits waiting to pull. I sat in the same spot for 4 hours and didnt move.

That sucks John, I just wanted to give you the basic rules they will look at before you make the trip down. I'm sure this will be my last season in the mod street class. Im tired of the BS, this winter I am just gonna build to run with the Pro-stocks of East Coast

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Yea I was so tired, I was sleeping in my truck in the pits waiting to pull. I sat in the same spot for 4 hours and didnt move.

That sucks John, I just wanted to give you the basic rules they will look at before you make the trip down. I'm sure this will be my last season in the mod street class. Im tired of the BS, this winter I am just gonna build to run with the Pro-stocks of East Coast

My turbo is to big and I have water. The inspection is out on it to. To much work for just a hook or two. I can hook East Coast Pro Stock. My truck fits that class well.