power shifting is awesome

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I did some of this so called powershifting today on some back roads

Truck did feel quicker. Only did 2hi. 4k rev limiter. 2400us (because that's the most pulse that I can maintain rail pressure at the moment) Broke traction hard going into 3rd 4th and 5th.

Wish I had a way to take video like you.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I did some of this so called powershifting today on some back roads

Truck did feel quicker. Only did 2hi. 4k rev limiter. 2400us (because that's the most pulse that I can maintain rail pressure at the moment) Broke traction hard going into 3rd 4th and 5th.

Wish I had a way to take video like you.
Mine does the same in 2x4 breaks traction all the way to 5th. Doesn't like to go in the wrong gear. My mounts are bad so as I clutch it the tranny is slamming back 4 to 5 inches toward the driver side. So u have to do it just right lol. I use the gopro but have to upload them through my phone Whig ruins the quality it sucks.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I can't wait to get the lbz pump swapped into mine. Hopefully I'll have enough fuel to run the pulse up more. At least till my injectors get worse. Right now it stays around 22,500/23,000. Any more pulse and I'm down around 17-18,000 psi.

I can imagine with a broken mount that stick is hard to control. I need to fix my trans mount so I quit punching the dash going into 4th and 6th haha.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I can't wait to get the lbz pump swapped into mine. Hopefully I'll have enough fuel to run the pulse up more. At least till my injectors get worse. Right now it stays around 22,500/23,000. Any more pulse and I'm down around 17-18,000 psi.

I can imagine with a broken mount that stick is hard to control. I need to fix my trans mount so I quit punching the dash going into 4th and 6th haha.

Delete your shifter bushing. U might not want to. It's noisey but feels way better. I don't care about that little stuff

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I don't think I'll do that unless I have to. I'm already a little disappointed at how loud my clutch is now that it's worn in and the rumble that it transmits from the trans. I will say just fyi leaving the timing at the factory sea level table value of -3.x° at idle will make it quieter. You might be able to take some noise out if you wanted.

Most of my dash interference problem was from the crossmember being way to tall. Now that it's right I only contact the dash slightly if I really cram it into 6th

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I don't think I'll do that unless I have to. I'm already a little disappointed at how loud my clutch is now that it's worn in and the rumble that it transmits from the trans. I will say just fyi leaving the timing at the factory sea level table value of -3.x° at idle will make it quieter. You might be able to take some noise out if you wanted.

Most of my dash interference problem was from the crossmember being way to tall. Now that it's right I only contact the dash slightly if I really cram it into 6th
My synchros are getting pretty worn "go figure" probably gonna need some before the track again. The tranny has 250,000 miles so she put up with it well. Just need to figure out where to get everything to do it