Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Thinking of doing the following

Cognito braces
Cognito idler pivot assembly
Kryptonite tie rods
Possibly new pitman arm

What are y'all running and how do you like it.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Sleeves and a straight centerlink from Crank it Up.

Does awesome for what I want to do with the truck

Steering at full lock sucks.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Sleeves, dhd brace, super steer idler pivot and weld in brace. Works great for me. Haven't broken anything yet, even with some bad hops while launching.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I'm looking to get rid of some slop that I have, as well as beef up the front a little.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Anyone take their truck off-road or do any light wheeling have any luck with anything? I am debating coming back to a DMax but the steering is still a hang up I have from my last one

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Sleeves and a straight centerlink from Crank it Up.

Does awesome for what I want to do with the truck

Steering at full lock sucks.

That's what I ran on my LB7, and the launches were Butter! Not a great idea for a DD though.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
rare parts tierods, DHD brace

ditched the cognito braces for the DHD brace because the turning radius was worse and it would not launch straight for nothin, the DHD brace launches straight as an arrow.

rms2012

Dec 7, 2011
Phoenix
I added one of these:
Extreme Idler Gusset.jpg
No measurable difference, but it makes me feel better.

Attachments

• Extreme Idler Gusset.jpg
    Extreme Idler Gusset.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 103

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
did kryptonite straight link with tie rods. Added super steer idler, cognito braces and idler support brace. Def tell a difference. Only slop now is in the gear box.

Kryptonite center link and tie rods keep turning radius same. Also has good angle on the tie rods at full steer.

A bit expensive, but def worth it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
F you James:rofl: I have been trying for awhile to get that kit... You should build something like it, it would sell like hotcakes!

Ill get a nasty letter from cognito about copy write infringements just as Mac did lol

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
UKryptonite super steer and cognito parts together in a well rounded front end. Everything has been great so far.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I still don't see how they figure that... The exaxt kit looks to be a whole nother animal.

because their 1/2" billet brace on the exaxt kit connects and works the same way the cognito braces do. if it hadnt been for that, the kit wouldnt be an issue. thats why teh kyrptonite setup can be sold as it is. its the same setup but with cognito braces instead of the 1/2" billet brace but now they offer bigger rod ends which is a plus. they just arent widely available at auto parts stores.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
James do you happen to know if this kit can be purchased in Canada still? Im too lazy to call him, seems like last time it took for ever to get ahold of him... Simon or Dale might need one & then not use it...:D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i would assume so. cognitos patent only holds true in the US i believe. now whether or not Mac is still making them is a whole nother deal. i tried emailing him a while back on getting a replacement left hand thread adjuster for the tie rods as one of mine is screwed up from rust when i lived in the snow country for a few years. I never heard anything from him and i know of others who never could get ahold of him. really sucks as i may have to buy a kyrptonite setup for actually have a machine shop damn near build me a kit which wont be cheap.