LBZ: Porting rail fitting

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
so i'm still kind of lost to where the other line goes to?? one to the cp3 the other????? and then the fuel return from the injectors. So is it worth open the lines up or can you even do it??

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
On a lb7 there are return lines off each head 1 off the cp3 and basically 1 line off the junction block close to the y bridge this is off the fprv

as for the supply side all I'm aware of is the line that goes to the cp3, it's been a long time since I've had stock fuel lines in the vally so maybe I'm missing something?

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
ok. it kind of makes sense. I haven't dug to far into the intake valley yet or had to much off the truck. I'm still new to this truck, so just trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
so i'm still kind of lost to where the other line goes to?? one to the cp3 the other????? and then the fuel return from the injectors. So is it worth open the lines up or can you even do it??
Ok, there is a block bolted to the valve cover. It has a 1/2" barb that the fuel line coming from the fuel filter goes to on the top and a 3/16" barb that the injector return hose hooks to on the bottom. Those are two separate passages in the block. The test fitting is obviously on the pipe that sticks up out of the top. On the opposite side of the block (toward the valley of the motor) is a 5/16" barb for the CP3 supply and another 5/16" barb that connects to the return lines that run through the valley.

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
Those are two separate passages in the block. On the opposite side of the block (toward the valley of the motor) is a 5/16" barb for the CP3 supply and another 5/16" barb that connects to the return lines that run through the valley.

oh ok!! :thumb: that makes sense. So the top line on that block is seperate from the bottom line, there just molded into one block. Thats what i was looking for!!! so if i step up the line to the CP3 i can bypass that block and just run a new line all together. That little block is a restriction so i wanted it gone!!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Here is were the fuel comes across from the driver side and the one with the fuel line hanging is the one that would be coming from the filter to the cp3.little line is the injector return line.Brass with black cap is test port.
DSCF5758-1.jpg

DSCF5779.jpg

DSCF5759.jpg

This is the fuel lines crossing over from the back of the driver side that supplies the fuel filter.
DSCF5776.jpg

DSCF5760.jpg

DSCF5762.jpg

DSCF5763.jpg

DSCF5764.jpg

LBZTakeout069.jpg

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
yup thats the one. I also have the shim kit, and the CP3 fitting. So do i need the race valve??

Are you having issues with fuel ? like P0087. The race valve replaces the were you have the shims in the factory fprv. Your stock fuel lines the way they are will make all the power you can handle at this time. I am still running all the stock lines just added a twin cp3 and I run a race valve no luck with the shim kits. and I also have the drive side rail at .125 and the pass side at .90 but if you dont have the extra pump to supply the pressure all opening up will do is hurt you in the long run.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
no issues with fuel. just wanted to get stuff in line for future upgrades, and some info to just help me out.

I'm going to clean my lines up under there and remove most of the stock stuff. And replace it and loose the stock filter housing and run an fitting into the cp3. But i'm also going to take off the twin cp3 kit and just leave the twin turbos for this truck and use it as a tow truck. and get a reg cab lb LB7 for a racer and sled pulling.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Here is were the fuel comes across from the driver side and the one with the fuel line hanging is the one that would be coming from the filter to the cp3.little line is the injector return line.Brass with black cap is test port.
DSCF5758-1.jpg

DSCF5779.jpg

DSCF5759.jpg

This is the fuel lines crossing over from the back of the driver side that supplies the fuel filter.
DSCF5776.jpg

DSCF5760.jpg

DSCF5762.jpg

DSCF5763.jpg

DSCF5764.jpg

LBZTakeout069.jpg

Bringing this back from the dead but it has great pictures of my problem. Where it looks like the injector harness goes into the fuel plumping just below the test port returning from the fuel filter, I'm looking to do the fitting to run the fuel line straight to the cp3. I want to get rid of any hard lines i don't need so..... what does that harness go to and can I get rid of it? Or how do I go about doing the fitting with all the lines in the way?

EDIT: second picture shows it best.