LBZ: Porting rail fitting

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
If I where to drill ou the rail fitting, what size should the opening be drilled out to? I've seen a bunch of different numbers thrown around in doing some reading...

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Thats what most do I think, most people just have drill bits from lowes or sears and you don't find .060 and .090 in those 29 piece sets. I need to do mine too but I fail everytime trying to loosen the line nut

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
on the trucks i have done 9/64 drivers side and 1/16 passenger.

for the trucks (lb7s) that the pass side does not feed off the drivers i do 1/16 for both.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
on the trucks i have done 9/64 drivers side and 1/16 passenger.

for the trucks (lb7s) that the pass side does not feed off the drivers i do 1/16 for both.

Is there any point to porting the PS fitting when the orifice on the DS rail that feeds the PS rail is also tiny?

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
so on an LBZ do you need to drill that one to?? I changed my driverside to the PPE fuel fitting? So should i do the PS or no??:confused:

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
A bit off topic, but how difficult would it be to redo the fuel lines so the cp3 feeds both rails from the front, and port both of those fittings to the same size? Or am I completely off base here?

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
actually i was wondering the same thing?? Right where the fuel line comes out of the fuel filter housing its half inch...right?? Then it goes to the fuel pressure test port and divides into two seperate lines, one goes to the CP3, where does the other line go??? Cause i was looking to open up all the lines to 3/8, but i dont know where the other line goes?

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
It would seem to make more sense that the CP3 feeds both rails from the front and then has a T in the back for the return line.... Again, I could be totally misunderstanding here.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
actually i was wondering the same thing?? Right where the fuel line comes out of the fuel filter housing its half inch...right?? Then it goes to the fuel pressure test port and divides into two seperate lines, one goes to the CP3, where does the other line go??? Cause i was looking to open up all the lines to 3/8, but i dont know where the other line goes?

It Ts off to the test port and the other goes to the cp3 iirc

the cp3 inlet port is only 10 mm so u would have to. Clamp a 1/2" 12.7 mm hose onto it or run a A/N fitting.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
A bit off topic, but how difficult would it be to redo the fuel lines so the cp3 feeds both rails from the front, and port both of those fittings to the same size? Or am I completely off base here?

You would need to either run the flex hose kit from ind injection or find a place that will bendthe pipe.

Good luck on finding a place to bend fuel line!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo

Were it comes from the filter to the test port. The top line feeds the cp3 the low very small line is the return off the injectors.