Political BS just like all the rest

Bap

Oct 30, 2007
Mr mcrat I have tried on a few different sites to get info and pricing from you.
I have posted on COMPD ,The D-MAX tech here and have also sent you a few pm's and still nothing.
So this leads me to believe you are like some of the others on these diesel forums that are all about themselves and not really about helping the lil guy trying to build something to compete.
You can delete my username and there is no need for a response because Iam sure you wont let this stay on your precious forum.
All I wanted was some help and never asked for anything for free I said in my pm's and post tell me the cost and point me in the right direction.
Well thanks for nothing and the name RAT suits you well.
If you have something to say by all means dont hide behind your keyboard pick up the phone 281-573-5245
Shane Cates

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
You just made your post yesterday.

I'm sure he will get to you.

Pat has a real job and this is just his hobby. If you have any specific questions we can help in the mean time.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
shane
you gotta understand that Pat has a life!, im sure he is not ignoring you
he is a very busy person, and as for the lil guy....everyone on this site IS the lil guy

chevmike

WI Salad
Apr 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Sorry but I would definatly consider myself the "little guy" trying to start out. I Have had ALOT of advice from Pat both on forums and over the phone. I have talked with him a few times on the phone for awhile each time. I would tend to think Im not the only one with great experiences. Like previously stated, he does have another job. You may want to send stuff to Kat, sometimes she is easier to get ahold of. I wouldnt be so quick to bad mouth, You might learn somehting.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Mr mcrat I have tried on a few different sites to get info and pricing from you.
I have posted on COMPD ,The D-MAX tech here and have also sent you a few pm's and still nothing.
So this leads me to believe you are like some of the others on these diesel forums that are all about themselves and not really about helping the lil guy trying to build something to compete.
You can delete my username and there is no need for a response because Iam sure you wont let this stay on your precious forum.
All I wanted was some help and never asked for anything for free I said in my pm's and post tell me the cost and point me in the right direction.
If you have something to say by all means dont hide behind your keyboard pick up the phone 281-573-5245
Shane Cates

I hate frustration too, don't give up, email him everyday. Pm him everyday. But, why a post like this?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Shane Cates

Is this bullshit post about you trying to put an '05 Duramax in a '56 Chev truck and you don't know where to start?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
If I'm not mistaken Pat referred you to PPE since they have done several of these types of swaps. Pat has never done one.

Sorry

Kat

Lonnie

Horsepower Addict
Shane,
Be patient.... I'm a new guy to this as well & I know how frustrating it is trying to get good info. I've been reading everything in site for a month now, trying to figure it all out.

I got in touch with Pat & he was very helpful, even about things that he does not sell. Pat spent time with me answering my questions & he also got my business as I appreciate his time & knowledge. Good advice is hard to come by..... especially if it is also free advice. To get on here & bash him will not help your cause.

Mike L. also took the time to explain the transmission info to me that I was trying to find & therefore he will also be getting my transmission business very soon.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Hmmmmm, The phone number to McRat Racing is at the upper left corner of this thread, or all other threads on this site, if you feel the need to make an apology, and then seek some advise, you could use it rather than making these types of posts :2cents:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
poor guy, i understand his frustration. HOWEVER there are hundreds of us and only one...well two of them. Customer service for Mcrat, IMHO, is like putting out forest fires with a squirt gun... they do the best they can on the fires burning hottest.:)

The guy wants to do a "one off' custom deal that i don't think anybodies done before. He is in UNCHARTED water, he's gonna have to swim...long and hard. I relate to him because, here locally, i am in the same boat w/ a severe mod that i am uncertain about.

Take it apart, figure it out, put it back together...only better. It's gonna be a PITA no matter what.

SmokeAintBroke

<----Not my truck anymore
Dec 29, 2006
Is this guy serious? What a joker. Its called patience guy, and i would probly not start by throwing accusations around. These folks are busy people, just like the rest of us. You will have to look long and hard to find a better group of people than whom are associated with this site.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I think everyone here can understand "frustrated hotrodder" syndrome.

But like Kathy said, I've never done a Dmax swap (yet), so I'm no expert. PPE has put Dmaxes in everything but a lawnmower.

And we normally do not sell to diesel shops anyhow, since we are "third tier" resellers, it is cheaper and easier to deal direct with the suppliers.

And I'll admit, I'm trying to catch up on a bunch of half-finished business right now.

Sorry!

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
I have talked to all the guys on the forum. We are all here to help. I know me myself will email pat sometimes and it can be a week or to later before he gets back to me. It aint that he is ingorning us but when he is done from his real job he plays with casper with tunning in all. just my 02

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
16 responses. no comment from the poster

LOL

I dont mean to sound rude but, who does a Duramax engine swap. and doesnt expect any headaches:D

These people are great people, I pm Pat and never hear from him:D I dont take it personal.