Please tell me what it takes to get a Civic Hatchbak in the 12's?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
There are local neon's and civics that consistently in the low 11's. I've owned a few imports, they aren't to be under-estimated if they are set up right with the right guy driving.......

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
There are local neon's and civics that consistently in the low 11's. I've owned a few imports, they aren't to be under-estimated if they are set up right with the right guy driving.......

While I would never own a Civic or a Neon, they can be fast. But at the end of the day you still have a Neon or Civic............. these cars usually don't last very long at these power levels either. If I were to buy an import it would be either a WRX STI or an Evo. But why when I have a 12 second daily driven truck that hauls anything and makes me $$$ plowing snow?:thumb:

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
If you swap motors on a civec/crx with a type R motor you will run 12.6x with no additional work and its easy to do. I helped a neighbor do it once

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
A buddie of mine has a plain jane lookin red Nissan Sentra. Nice and stock lookin exept a loud ehaust that exits out the side/front bumper and might see the front mount down in the bumper. The lil car has run an 11.98 and bad track/traction! Pretty nasty lil suprise to most opponents it crosses! Ive helped him on the thing and drivin it at the track and im no ricer guy but i respect that one! It has a JDM SR20DET with some nice mods including a fabbed sheetmetal intake:spit: Its about to recive a good deal bigger turbo. I dont have much doubt that it will break 10's soon.

Just means the truck needs to run 9's:D