please help! efi

lmm757

Sep 1, 2011
Today, I finally recieved my flashscan v2. Sometimes it plugs up and runs good others as soon as i plug the usb in my computer blue screens. Other times it works flawless but 9 times outta 10 it reboots and advice is greatly appriciated!!

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Did you download the software or use the Cd. You need to download the latest version off there web sight.

lmm757

Sep 1, 2011
I down loaded the latest off their web site v7 and v8. idk...pretty flustered at this point.

lmm757

Sep 1, 2011
at this point im asking myself why i thot i needed v2 lol already got dsp and tunes. guess i am never satisfied...

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If your computer bluescreens when you plug it in, try using a different port. If it is a laptop, try a port on the other side of the computer. Also, don't use a USB hub.

Hope that helps.

lmm757

Sep 1, 2011
I've tried each port but I don't even know what a hub is so explain that please and that may help

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You probably don't have one then. A hub is a device that plugs into a USB port and has more ports that you can plugs more USB devices into. Basically lets you plug 4+ USB things into one USB port. They normally work fine, but can cause problems every once in a while.

The other thing to try is make sure your motherboard drivers are all up to date. If you have a name brand PC (Dell, HP, etc.), go to their website and download all the latest drivers, especially the newest BIOS and anything about USB.

When the computer bluescreens it has a bunch of info, like an error code ("***STOP: 0x" then some numbers), and usually a description. That might help figure out what is wrong too.