Playing with fire

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Playing around with the idea of hooking the v2 to my 2011 5.3 today. Anyone on here tuned a gas before ?

Trying to get a little more torque out of it and. Maybe some economy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
No clue what that is tbh. The truck is bone stock and i do more diesel work than gas. Its got 40 series classic flowmasters on it

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Afaik those gassers have a ton of torque management. I know black bear usually removes 75% of that and will tune for 91 adding some timing

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Afaik those gassers have a ton of torque management. I know black bear usually removes 75% of that and will tune for 91 adding some timing

I guess ill need to get one. And does anyone have a tune they would be willing to share so i can make comparisons. Wanting to learn for myself but im just worried about hitting detonation or whatever its called lol. Is it straight forward to do or will i be deep in it :toilet_claw:

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I think you mean pre detonation? Do you run 91? E85 is gonna get you more power if you have flex fuel. There injectors and fuel pump are larger. E85 is near 105 octane. I'd suggest just having someone else tune it honestly

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Shit that's gonna be expensive lol. Do long tube headers, cam and tune. Texas speed has some decent vvt cams out. Those 3 mods will really wake it up

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
Torque management tuning will be your best bang for your buck as far as difficulty vs results. You tune in your fueling tables a little better from stock but not a whole lot, adjust your PE AFRs, some of them get really rich up top. If your running e85 or 93 you can give it some more spark too, but you really need a dyno to do much with spark. Get over on efilives forum and read and read and read. There is alot to learn about tuning. Especially on the virtual ve ecms. I'd recommend you spend a few days at least learning about what the tables do and what it takes to build a good gas tune before you start blindly making changes. It is extremely easy to get turned around and really screw something up.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Torque management tuning will be your best bang for your buck as far as difficulty vs results. You tune in your fueling tables a little better from stock but not a whole lot, adjust your PE AFRs, some of them get really rich up top. If your running e85 or 93 you can give it some more spark too, but you really need a dyno to do much with spark. Get over on efilives forum and read and read and read. There is alot to learn about tuning. Especially on the virtual ve ecms. I'd recommend you spend a few days at least learning about what the tables do and what it takes to build a good gas tune before you start blindly making changes. It is extremely easy to get turned around and really screw something up.

Thanks, i figured it wasnt entirely complicated. I have a dyno at work so i might see if i can get the shop to myself after work one day this week and get a stock data log in