Plastidip?

SmokinHotLLYGirl

Smoked Out's wife
Jun 14, 2011
Indiana
We just cleaned the chrome on the bumper and 2 coats on it. I don't know about putting it in the hood. My husband did a set if Mickey Thompson classics and he has them on his drag radials and it seems to be holding up good with the heat on them.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Do you have prep the chrome to accept the plastidip?

What if you put it, say, on the hood as a stripe? Does it bake on in the hot weather?

No prep necessary. That is why it is so awesome. Just clean the area very well and spray.

Normally if you rattle can something you have to scratch up the surface and it will never be the same. Plasti dip is a rubberized coating. Spray it on and if it ever starts to look bad or you get tired of the color just peel it off in one big strip and you have your original chrome again (or whatever the material was).

I plasti-dipped a set of chrome wheels and ran them on my truck for a while. I bought new wheels and tires and wanted to sell the old ones. I pulled the plasti dip off and the chrome looked brand new when I sold them.

You could stripe the hood no problem. The only issue I foresee is if it is on for a while and the paint fades around it. The plasti dip can always be removed.

SmokinHotLLYGirl

Smoked Out's wife
Jun 14, 2011
Indiana
We bought ours at Menards. I am sure that Lowe's or The Home Depot have it as well. Its a rattle bomb can about $6 if I remember right!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Wow! Those are applications for tihis product i would have never dreamed of, and look amazing, even more so when considering the cost. Style and protection:thumb: i need to find the spray application, im embarrassed of my crude application, however crude it is functional and has saved my chrome not only from myself, more importantly the rattle gun at the tire shop when i get tires mounted, those guys think every car is a nascar pit crew try out:eek:Heres a pic of my gorilla lock, dipped, not sprayed(almost 007ish lol)
picture.php

thneill

Whered all my $ go
Aug 23, 2011
East Texas
This stuff seems pretty sweet. What about chipping like on bumpers? How long does it last before you need to do it again? I guess at only $6 a can, itd be worth it.

rbsduramax05

Aug 1, 2011
Va
usually two coats of plastidip will cover anything ive had my rear bumper sprayed for three years and its still holding up!

rbsduramax05

Aug 1, 2011
Va
This stuff seems pretty sweet. What about chipping like on bumpers? How long does it last before you need to do it again? I guess at only $6 a can, itd be worth it.

Too really get good coverage you should remove the plastic pieces off the bumpers so you can get a good coat on it.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Just used it to paint the wife's bowties off her Tahoe. I love it. Might have to try it on the bumber. Wondering how the LML wheels will look in black lol