Plastidip?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I want to black out my bumpers and grill. My friend just did his using what he called plastidip which is new to me. It came out with a nice satin black finish but he just did it. Has anyone tried the stuff and if so how did it last? I don't want to spray my truck and have it chipping in a week.

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Have had it on my truck for over a year. small chips from 110 mph hard shell bugs is all. Just mark it off and spray touch up and good to go. I'll see if I can find a picture.

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
picture.php

picture.php

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
I just sprayed my grill tonight with it.

No you can't get it at home depot here unless maybe some of the bigger stores carry it. There is an importer here in Calgary called Industrial plastics and paints that carries it. They say that recently because of all the hype on youtube, it is constantly on back order as they can't make enough.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Have used in on rims, grilles, bumpers etc.
The nice thing about it is that if you ever get tired of it just peel it off. It is rubberized so you don't need to prep the surface just clean it really well and if you ever get tired of the black just pull it off and you have chrome wheels or grille again. Very cool stuff. My grille and wheels are plasti-dipped and the girlfriends whole truck is murdered in the stuff...wheels, grille, bumpers etc.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Thanks everyone! Looks like I have a little project for next week.
As far as murdered out goes I still have a gold leaf pinstripe from the previous owner that is cleared on and it clashes with the chrome.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'm going to set aside a day to do the bumper mod to get rid of the strip under the grill then plastidip the bumpers and the grill