Plasti dip

BB18

Jan 15, 2014
Do you have to tape off when you spray or does the over spray come off easy.

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
if you do tape off for like a two tone make sure you pull the tape while the plasti dip is still wet or the plasti dip will come off with the tape

Forest319

2003 2500HD LB7
Jan 16, 2014
Fort Worth
I did almost my whole truck, you should just tape off areas an inch or so away from where you want, you can wait for it to dry then pull the tape at that point the plastidip will peel with it, but it is very good at breaking at creases and other points, its really not to bad.
So for like an emblem i just made like a 3 inch high and about 1 inch over each end box and sprayed away, fenders and things I just put plastic to cover the rest of the truck from spray flying and making those coats look bad.

z71havinfun

Mar 6, 2013
any done a whole truck yet? very tempted to do mine... how much weight does that add do ya figure?

Forest319

2003 2500HD LB7
Jan 16, 2014
Fort Worth
I honestly doubt it'd be very much, when you peel it off its thinner and lighter than you'd expect but it looks good. Check out youtube there's a guy from dipyourcar.com that does whole cars all the time it'll give you a good idea, but hey if someone wants to fund me ill do my whole truck this weekend haha:thumb::woott:

wallywheels

Savage
Apr 23, 2011
I did My whole truck, took 4 gallons. It was easy and holds up way better than I expected. The paint weighs around 5 pounds per gallon wet and when its dry weighs almost nothing . I HIGHLY recommend at least 5 coats as it peels off way easier with the more coats you put. I am not wicked happy about the color I mixed up but I am changing colors in spring and its only around $180.00. Also I did not tape anything off accept to save Plasti-dip by putting paper and tape on large areas I did not want Plasti-dipped, like windshield, mirrors ext.

Attachments

• IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 58

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
I did My whole truck, took 4 gallons. It was easy and holds up way better than I expected. The paint weighs around 5 pounds per gallon wet and when its dry weighs almost nothing . I HIGHLY recommend at least 5 coats as it peels off way easier with the more coats you put. I am not wicked happy about the color I mixed up but I am changing colors in spring and its only around $180.00. Also I did not tape anything off accept to save Plasti-dip by putting paper and tape on large areas I did not want Plasti-dipped, like windshield, mirrors ext.

Looks sick I will be doing my dually going to get 5 gallons what did you use for a gun?

wallywheels

Savage
Apr 23, 2011
Looks sick I will be doing my dually going to get 5 gallons what did you use for a gun?

I decided I was going to be plasti-dipping many things so I went ahead and bought the actual plasti-dip spray gun form dipyourcar.com. It worked great and did nice even coats. I am pretty sure any spray gun will work but I didn't want to take any chances. I sprayed mine in a dirt driveway with about 65 degree weather. I am pretty sure it is a modified house paint gun but not 100%